Dallaglio decision imminent

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

scouse tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scouse tiger »

I know we are not supposed to like Lol, but....

He was a collosus for England (and Wasps) for majority of his career upto 2004, and I wish him well if he does finally anounce his international retirement (A bit drawn out this announcement)

My mine grudge against him was turning his back on the England team when players like Johnson , Back , Leonard all retired, it was as though he knew England would struggle and did not want to be a part of it. And then releasing his error and causing disruption in coming out of retirement.
My Wild Oats Have turned to Shredded Wheat
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

totally agree, scousetiger.

and I can't forget the various indiscretions either.

but he has been a great player and let's be honest - if he'd played for us we'd have loved him.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

scousetiger...you've got it spot on, if he does retire from international rugby, he will go down as an England legend.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

The sooner his ugly mug is away from the international set up the better. I can't stand the bloke and for once hope he does the decent thing and go gracefully. But Florence doesn't do graceful.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

As has been said many a time by me on these pages, I'm glad he's going, I don't like him. At all.

But what an all time great. An absolute all-time great in an England shirt, and on the world scene. One of the very best we have ever produced. I'm big enough to swallow my pride at times.

Don't like him, even hate him (Pantomime hate), but by 'eck I respected him.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Well love him or hate him, you have to admire this quote:-

"What I do want to emphasise is that my decision has nothing whatsoever to do with England head coach Brian Ashton and my post-World Cup observations concerning his preparation early in the tournament," he said.

In other words, Ashton's a tw*t.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

A total legend, if he were a Tiger he would be loved like Johnno was and is......

Never gave anything less than 100% for England and Wasps - but definitely the right time to move on for him and England.
Less is more....
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

I agree about his playing qualities but big difference with Johno was Dallagio's inability to stem his outbursts.

Particularly his self promotional ones.

He would have made a great Tiger and probably been taught some good lessons, about behaviour,at Oval Park!

I wish him a good retirement, and remember some of his great performances. Certainly one of them against us in the HC last year!
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Probably does mean though that the g*t will hang around the club scene for a season more.
John
---
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

The big thing for me is that BA will announce his 6N squad today and the players would have been told tuesday and shock horror LD tells us by this morning he is hanging up his boots....... is this really the fact BA did not pick him so before we find this out he gracefully bows out? and the fact that Hasskell is easily pushing him out of the wasps team would make it a good time to say "now is the time".
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Probably not.

While Dallaglio's public announcement of his retirement is today, he made the decision to hang up his boots before Tuesday's internal 6N squad announcement.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

BelperJon wrote:
westy154 wrote:Probably does mean though that the g*t will hang around the club scene for a season more.
Quote from the link I posted earlier:
"He will also end his club career with Wasps at the end of the season."

(Note to self: Learn to skim read better.)
John
---
scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by scrambo »

is it true?

got hubby his book, and ive started reading it lol. hubby said the end of his book is what prop would end his england days. not got there yet.

in his book he says if he was to retire from england he would leave rugby altogether.

he's great player in that he spurs the guys on when he comes on the pitch, but its time to let the younger lads have a go i think.

good player though, shame it was for wasps lol
Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.
scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by scrambo »

:smt046

heeee - hubby gutted he knew about it this morning - wondered why he was quiet and slow with the old texts. heeee.....sorry am i being cruel heeeeee. so funny
Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.