As bad as it gets.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

We do need a game plan for certs!!

O.k., I rant about Tigers, and am very negative, but things aren't right and its depressing.

I really thought Marcello would be able to get things going. He could still do. The problem is he is battling against the tide and its very hard to get leather out of a bit of a sow's ear. There are a few decent to better components but not enough to make anything like a well oiled machine.

What can he do? I think we might well have to forget about this season and think about how we improve for next. :smt010 :smt010
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Snorbins wrote:Sorry Harry is not the b all and end all.
I apologise but he is. I would bet my house that when he's match fit, we improve by 110%
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Keep the faith Simon!! He was never going to effect change that quickly!! Just as Mauger was never going to slot in that quickly.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I expected this season to be tough. We have a new man who needs time to get things the way he wants. To expect Immediate success out of someone who has never (?) managed a professional team full time is a tad unrealistic.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Why did we get rid of Deano? :smt009
and why did we get rid of Leon Lloyd?
Richard Burnett
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Bill W wrote:Keep the faith Simon!! He was never going to effect change that quickly!! Just as Mauger was never going to slot in that quickly.

Exactly! These things take time...
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

What I would like to know is why is Marcelo continuing with a 9/10 axis that for weeks now haven't performed.

For the next premiership match I would go with Youngs or Laussuq and I'm afraid to say Burke if Humphreys is unfit. Lets face it the 2 incumbents we have are not performing so give the others a chance they won't be any worse. Oh and also I think Marcelo needs to look at the captaincy cos our present captain is making poor decisions ( not for the first time either) and I will be surprised if he makes the England squad.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

g wrote: I will be surprised if he makes the England squad.

so will i... seeing as we should be building for the next world cup and he will be, by that time, nearly 40!

As for the match today - Goode had about 30 minutes of good play, but his (unusualy) inaccurate goal kicking and high penalty count cost us.

Plus Points (from somone with a bit more optimism):

Our back 3 - Wingers and Georgdie played well, Varndell, if he isn't knocking on Englands door - he's kicking it in.

Mauger - despite varied service all day - showed command and the will to go forward - running face first into players like chabal and sheridan if he couldnt do anything else - bravery and a few flickers of whats to come from the big signing.

Young back rowers: Croft and Abrahams - though their penalty count left alot to be desired - show how brilliant they can, and most likely will be for england in the future - Abrhams... where has he got that pace from!? and croft brilliant as ever.

Downsides:

Penalty Count - wayyyyy too many penaltys - that needs to be seriously looked at - and if it wasnt completely our fault - you have got to play the referee which sadly we didnt manage today.

Half backs - Frank Murphy looked better but does not function well with goode - time to give Humphs a run out me thinks.

Scrum - one minute we were on a masive ascendancy the next we were on the back foot, obviously we have a brilliant set of forwards but we could do with a bit more consistancy here - but im assuming that just happens when it does, and i expect to see us absolutely mince Harlequins scrum at the stoop.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

And of course in Varndell had scored the try, or Goode made the intercept, we would now all be celebrating a famous victory!!!
tigerb

Post by tigerb »

Give it time? That's hard when we already had a winning team for the last three seasons.

Sadly the loss of a quality coach and quality players such as Ellis, Cullen and Jennings has really hurt us.
Apart from Jordan Crane the new guys aren't in the same league.

Aaron Mauger is a big money signing who hasn't done anythiny so far. Luke McAllister was a star in his first game for Sale and has been in form every game. Basically Sale spent their money better than we did.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Much easier to make an immediate impact playing outside Hodgeson that outside Goode I am thinking!! Wait and see!!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

WELL SAID BILL

but when something has gone consistantly rong (plank murphy and Goode) ML hasnt done anything to change it.
Richard Burnett
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Give him time!!

:smt006 :smt006 :smt006
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

he is very quickly running out of it if he wants anything from this season though
Richard Burnett
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Nah!!! The season is yet young!!

KEEP THE FAITH!!