Aaron Mauger

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Aaron Mauger

Post by Chobbsy »

Has he arrived yet? I don't suppose there is any chance that he will play on Friday night? We could do with him again Luke Mcallister
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

think you under rate our own centres.... mcallister doesn't bother me... we can handle any team or player
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
RayDTuTu

Post by RayDTuTu »

According to the merc last week, he arrives today.
It also suggests that he may play some part on Friday so that we do not have to throw him straight in at the deep end against Tolouse.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

I wouldn't want him to be thrown straight in on Friday as I think he should have time to settle in to the club and not just walk straight in to the 1st XV cold.

I have faith in our existing centres to do their job without the need to rush Mauger in to the squad. We shouldn't be scared of McAlister. He's only a rugby player afterall & we will have 22 of them playing against Sale's 22 on Friday.
Tigernuts
Tiger Cub

Post by Tigernuts »

Does anybody know why Luke McAllister(who played a lot more rugby during the world cup)can have arrived,trained and got himself into the Sale first team,and Aaron Mauger's not even in the country yet?
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

BelperJon wrote:
Tigernuts wrote:Does anybody know why Luke McAllister(who played a lot more rugby during the world cup)can have arrived,trained and got himself into the Sale first team,and Aaron Mauger's not even in the country yet?
I would guess it is how they have agreed their contracts.
i would say thats a mighty fine guess young man...
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Perhaps it saves enough money on the salary cap for us to afford a certain fly half after Christmas!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Aaron Mauger

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Nothing wrong with our centres we havean excellect crop to choose from: Dan, Ollie, Seru, Erinle, Cornwell, Vesty, Matt Smith and Tom Youngs.

However what about playing him at 10 until Hernandez arrives?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Outlander
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Outlander »

My hope is that Mauger can play #10. I believe I have read that he has played FH in the past. I'd love to see Tigers with a creative, visionary 10.
Just a Yankee looker-on from afar.
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

I believe he was 3 caps at FH for NZ....and no world cup medals.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Smith, Hipkiss, Rabeni, and Erinle are all 13s by trade. I think Smith and Hipkiss make solid 12s but it's not their best positions. Youngs is still learning and will be good, but not just yet, while I would say Vesty is our best 12 over Cornwell - and he isn't particularly a gamebreaker (this isn't a dig at Sam, he always gives 110% and is a very solid 12). I'd like to see how Goode playes firstly with a creative authority outside him in the form of Mauger, they may work well together.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com