Good Win Lads!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Today proved a few things:

Rabeni's best position is in the centre if there had been runners off him he could have unloaded alot today.

Jordan Crane will carry the ball all day if required.

Johne Murphy is pushing very hard for a place in the starting 15.

Chuter is going to have to be on top form to stay our 1st choice Hooker.

Geordan Murphy has done something non rugby related to EOS.

Tom Varndell seems to have learned that you have to do more than be quick to make it as a winger.

On a seperate issue why were we not wearing Scarlet armbands?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

Welshy3 I didn't think Blues were appalling. :smt009 :smt023
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

welshy3 wrote:Tickles me pink when leicester supporters think they are being gentlemen and morally superior... for not booing the kicker...and then proceed to boo every single decision of the ref - all afternoon.

Brian moore was even threatening to leave his commentry position and tell the crowd to shut up and behave themselves.

Appalling display.
Yeah, head to Swansea or Cardiff for gentlemanly conduct! Your a joker mate, please kindly get off your pathetic high horse.

I thought Owens missed some very obvious stuff, but wasn't terrible. I've seen worse. As for Moore, quite frankly once a scrum disintegrates his knowledge does likewise. I really dislike the guy.

Tigers were good today. Blues were very average. They've got a strong pack, but they looked devoid of ideas in the backs.

Seru and Jordan were the stand out men for me. Johne Murphy is in danger of becoming world class, as is Tom Varndell. It bodes very well for the next few weeks. We have an abundance of class that sides like Cardiff can only dream of having.
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

Great win, im impressed.
Go TIGERS!!
Tigers forever ! Tuilagi Rules!!
Get well soon Hazza.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_Tigers
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

The Ref had a bad day at the office.

But the end result was just!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Great match...these must have bonus point matches are :smt023
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

So what are the permutations now? I can't seem to find the rules for how teams are separated if they end up on the same points. Obviously if we beat Sale with a bonus point, we're through. But what if Cardiff beat Bath with bonus and we beat Sale without?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

welshy3 wrote:Thought the crowds behaviour towards the welsh ref was sickenning. You don't need to boo him off the park for your team to win you know.
I can't say I even noticed him leave the pitch at the end, I was too busy cheering and clapping our team!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Gate wrote:So what are the permutations now? I can't seem to find the rules for how teams are separated if they end up on the same points. Obviously if we beat Sale with a bonus point, we're through. But what if Cardiff beat Bath with bonus and we beat Sale without?

Sorry - just found them on the Sporting Life site. If level on match points, the winner of the match between the two goes through. So if we beat Sale without bonus, Cardiff can only get the same match points as us, and since we beat them, we go through. Sale might be a bit tougher nut to crack if they're properly up for it, though.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

welshy3 wrote:Thought the crowds behaviour towards the welsh ref was sickenning. You don't need to boo him off the park for your team to win you know.
Owens is a good ref and it showed when he had to deal with the Yapp/White, Yapp/Castro skullduggery. Yes, he did not call on a few incidents but a ref will only make a call when it really does effect a passage of play. Louis was warned several times about his tactics at the lineout and on one occasion was lucky not to go to the bin for immediately doing what Owens told him not to. Yes. the TV late tackle was a card but hey Owens is the ref not the 17000 around the ground and as for booing him off - well emotions run high at times and it is a bit of "pot and kettle grimey- a*rse" when you look at how the Spreys and Scarlets have behaved last year.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

good win yesterday. our set pieces looked solid apart from the occassional collapsed scrum. murphy had to deal with a lot of ball popping out of rucks and tidied up nicely usually with a very neat, quick pass out to clear from danger.
seru is a menace and is going to upset a lot of back lines this year i think. a couple of the youngsters (Crane and J.Murphy) looked good. I like Kayser too and am looking forward to the competition he'll have with chuter for the starting spot. so much competition for places in this tigers squad is brilliant. the depth in the squad really looks good.
Tyler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tyler »

I thought yesterday's game showed good things for the future, Jordan Crane was very tidy and Mr Moody seems to be growing at openside even though he's agreat blindside in my book. Personally I thought Andy Goode deserved MOTM with or without the whiskers! Castro backed up the good work of White and the penalty try was well deserved. Last but by no means least Mr Forrest Varndell is definetley growing in his roll on the wing with his chasing play and tackling which was superb compared to last year long may it continue. :smt077 [/list]
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

TigerCam wrote:
Owens is a good ref and it showed when he had to deal with the Yapp/White, Yapp/Castro skullduggery. Yes, he did not call on a few incidents but a ref will only make a call when it really does effect a passage of play. Louis was warned several times about his tactics at the lineout and on one occasion was lucky not to go to the bin for immediately doing what Owens told him not to. Yes. the TV late tackle was a card but hey Owens is the ref not the 17000 around the ground and as for booing him off - well emotions run high at times and it is a bit of "pot and kettle grimey- a*rse" when you look at how the Spreys and Scarlets have behaved last year.
I too thought Owens did OK. Yes, he blew the early yellow card call, but the actual yellow he gave was marginal (in other words, like most refs, his honest mistakes evened out).

He's a much better ref than he was a couple of seasons ago.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I agree daily he is better than he was. But IMHO yesterday was not one of his better days at the office. His missed forward passes, missed not straights at the line out (where incidentally neither touch judges nor Owens were standing in a position to judge them) missed crossings, going over the tops and coming in from the sides may have evenned out - but he missed too many!!

OK is a fair summary of his performance.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Just on the forward passes Bill; you're right, he did miss some. Most notably one to, and one from, Alex Tuilagi. However, and I've posted this before, refs need their TJ's help on forward passes. Anyone who's reffed will tell you how difficult it is to make the call unless you're close to being in-line.

I think supporters get too hung up about them, and refs need more help. IMO.