Hernandez coming?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bizzy

Hernandez coming?

Post by bizzy »

There has been a lot of talks about Hernandez coming to Leicester Tigers next season when his Stade Francais contract is up.

People post topics about this but nothing is really that clear. Does anyone have any inside news about this, or is it all just a big old rumor?

Thanks, and well done Tigers today, you put on a creative game with well worked tries. Hopefully you can do the same against Leinster next week. :smt001
Tigers can tear teams apart!
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Hi Bizzy and welcome to the forum.

The Hernandez subject has been on the foum for many months now. The latest appears to be that he is staying at Stade this season but there is a chance that we might get him next season.

If you like rumours on who might join us this is the place to be. In case you were wondering the Cohen joining us rumour is still alive!
Jez

Only Winners Win!
bigstef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bigstef »

cohen was going to join us but as there was no salary cap change, we can't afford him, good, he's is essentially a child and his best rugby days are behind him why did we even want him anyway?
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

I agree bigstef but the Rugby Times this week says problems around his testimonial counting towards the salary cap have been sorted out between him and Tigers and he is about to sign.

Before anybody says anything this is a rumour and should not be confused with facts that get announed formally by Tigers!
Jez

Only Winners Win!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

bigstef wrote:cohen was going to join us but as there was no salary cap change, we can't afford him, good, he's is essentially a child and his best rugby days are behind him why did we even want him anyway?
Am I the only one who is getting tired at comments like 'child', 'tantrum' etc.? (Not just picking on bigstef; there have been plenty of other examples).

I doubt there are many on here who know why Cohen left Saints, so why the continual abuse?
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

I agree DW.

Cohen's press has been bad but if he does turn up here we should judge him solely on what he does at Tigers, which means a good WR cheer if he runs out in our colours.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Am I the only one who is getting tired at comments like 'child', 'tantrum' etc.? (Not just picking on bigstef; there have been plenty of other examples).
No you are not alone Dailywaffle. There are still too many contributors, young and old, who seem to have to denigrate others to try to support their own views.
Ben Cohen has been a great player, but like most at Northampton, has been through a bad patch. He needs a new club to bring out the best of him again.

Ben Kay was, like Ben Cohen, another of the 2003 World Cup side who went through a lengthy below-par patch, but thankfully he has returned to his best form. BC will no doubt do the same.
cooke-1
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cooke-1 »

As said before have been told that he is coming over Christmas.
Was told this from someone inside the Tigers camp.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Cohens problems at the Saints were down to The New Captain and Mrs Cohen if you now what I mean. :smt002
Who would want to play under someone that can do that to a team mate? :smt018

He was a big fish in a little pond at the Saints, but if and when he comes here He will be a Little fish in a very big pond. :smt023
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

Ive also heard from inside that hernandez definitely coming. I also know some other very interesting things as well but am not going to spill beans.......yet. another exciting signing is coming and the potential loss of 2 of our existing players.
good result yesterday and some good performances came out too. jordan crane looking good, and goode had a better game apart from a couple of restarts.
can't wait for leinster game!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

chappie wrote:Cohens problems at the Saints were down to The New Captain and Mrs Cohen if you now what I mean. :smt002
Who would want to play under someone that can do that to a team mate? :smt018

Firstly chappie, your insinuation about Ben's wife is not true.

Secondly, i'll avoid commenting on your second sentence other than to say that you are seemingly unaware of certain stories involving a Leicester player a few years ago.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

How sure are you about that Dave? :smt017
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Now some of my spats with Dave Angel border on the pathetic at times!!!!

This one??

For the record I have slept with every Northampton players wife and every Tigers players wife.

And so have both Dave Angel and chappie!!!

In our dreams? Or maybe not? You know better?

:smt017 :smt017 :smt017
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

pogue3 wrote:Ive also heard from inside that hernandez definitely coming. I also know some other very interesting things as well but am not going to spill beans.......yet. another exciting signing is coming and the potential loss of 2 of our existing players.
good result yesterday and some good performances came out too. jordan crane looking good, and goode had a better game apart from a couple of restarts.
can't wait for leinster game!
Back to topic. Lollfreda's neice assures me JMH is coming!!!
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Sorry Bill and a big sorry to you Dave. :smt010