scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Good Win Lads!

Post by scrambo »

Well done boys!!!

Looked like a wicked second half!

I love watching the game on telly cos i get to oogle at craig doyle! heee
Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Good win, but a lot of basic errors. ref didn't help and seemed shortsighted. Lots of stamps going in and not in trying ruck someone out. Like to see that rule come back in.
But points is points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Harder game next week.
StHelensRLFC_John

Post by StHelensRLFC_John »

Enjoyed the game. Good second half performance. The game got better as the game went on and some good open play. Looking forward to getting to a game soon as our season has finished.
Jim__2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jim__2 »

It was amazing! But only at the start of the second half!

I was amazed that the BBC had been able to get that game! Otherwise I couldn't have watched it! The late tackle on TV was a silly one not to hand a yellow card out. It was a blatant late tackle :censored:
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

Thought the crowds behaviour towards the welsh ref was sickenning. You don't need to boo him off the park for your team to win you know.
Jim__2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jim__2 »

I agree welshy3 but it was a yellow card, whether it was a Cardiff player or a Leicester player.

I think that Nigel did a good job today, especially solving the problem of John Yapp and Castro :smt023
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

The referee was terrible. Who was it? And the touch judge didn't seem up to the mark either to be honest. He was signalling for a linout when it was a 22 drop-out... and as for calling for the TMO when it was an obvious try was ridiculous!
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Great to see Leicester Tigers turn on the afterburners against Cardiff in the second half after a scrappy first half and great to see Martin Corry get the MOTM award and good to see World Cup lads back in action.

LEICESTER TIGERS - WORLD CLASS

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Philip J Gray
StHelensRLFC_John

Post by StHelensRLFC_John »

The Tigers got better as the game went on and hopefully will do the same when better opposition come along. A slow start but a well deserved win in the end and opened up Cardiff a few times in the second half.
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

Tickles me pink when leicester supporters think they are being gentlemen and morally superior... for not booing the kicker...and then proceed to boo every single decision of the ref - all afternoon.

Brian moore was even threatening to leave his commentry position and tell the crowd to shut up and behave themselves.

Appalling display.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

The ref was "neutral" and had a bad day at the office! The crowd respected the opposition and stayed quite for the kicks.
Brian Moore.............who?
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

We won. We won by being typical Tigers. Absorbed all the first half pressure from a vey good and very exhuberant Cardiff team and them put them to the sword in the second half.

Don't care one jot about the ref and don't care all that much if he got a bit of stick from the crowd either.

Our big players are back, and by the second half, they'd already gelled.

Good to see Varndell putting the tackles in too. He ain't the best defender, but he's having a good bash at it.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

I agree kin, Varndell had a good game today and seems to improving on his defensive efforts. Seems to have bulked up a bit over pre-season.
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

His upper body strength seems much improved. A couple of times when tacklers went high on him, he fended off and remained on his feet, whereas previously he'd probably have gone down. Admittedly he got turned over once, but i think that happens to most players now and again, esp if they're someone with TV's pace who may accidentally isolate themselves.

On the ref, i think he was pretty pants...might not have deserved the amount of stick he got, but some was justified. How the late tackle didn't receive a yellow is mystifying, as was some of the seeming inconsistent interpretation of crossing and offside.
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

The ref had very little to say really compared to others this season. He used the support too much in my opinion. At least the touch judges today were indicating some of the infringements, too much of the TMO. The ref never did really resolve the scrum.
I think I've lost the plot regarding a "high" tackle, too many seem up there. thought Tom Varndell did well today, some very cheeky, confident moments, and tackled. not "hammering them back" tackles, but they didn't get past. Good win. Now for the Irish .........