Loffredda to bring in back-room staff...?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Loffredda to bring in back-room staff...?

Post by kornboy130 »

http://www.planetrugby.com/Story/0,1825 ... 45,00.html

and mentioned by someone else with link tos ky sports - this article names names.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

The problem is that he will become a Professional coach of a Professional team.

He is used to coaching a team at amature level with part time back room staff.

He is a very very good coach I just worry that he is coming in with his eyes half open.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Half open is better than tightly shut!!!

I am sure there are plenty of people at Welford Road to help him get them wide open!!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Lea wrote:He is used to coaching a team at amature level with part time back room staff.
Whereas Argentina do not have their own professional league - to view loffredda like this would be foolish. 14 from 15 of his starting XV were "professional" players, all be it in other countries leagues - the 15th, Aguera - has been made a big money offer by Perpignan. So he is not used to coaching a team at "amateur" level - he is used to caching a team at test level, brimming with professionals and several world class players - much like his environment at tigers should resemble - tigers will probably even have an edge over Argentina in point of funding and facilities.

Many have said he is the best coach in the world - and i'm fairly sure anyone he brings in will be suited to the job...afterall.. the pumas did come 3rd in this world cup and any back-room staff member who was part of that deserves a shot.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

You miss the point Kornboy. Yes Argentina have professional players, and the clubs those players play for have professional full time back room staff.

But Argentina do not (why do they need them - to give the players a second opinion on medical, dietary, fitness and other matters?)

Randrew take note!!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Bill W wrote:You miss the point Kornboy. Yes Argentina have professional players, and the clubs those players play for have professional full time back room staff.
are you certain the back room staff are not professional? they did a pretty professional job, and even if they were not - certain players who have jobs outside rugby (see F.Contepomi) seem to be doing rather well.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Oh come on! Read the posts!!! One of the guys who helps him and he would like to bring to Tigers will not quit his day job as a doctor!!!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

fine, you win the "they are not professional" arguement, but at the end of the day - who cares? aslong as they do a :censored: good job (which they clearly do) then they are welcome here.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I don't care!!! Let all contributions count!!! And in many respects a breath of fresh air!!
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

Kornboy my point is that the players get their coaching, fitness, diets and pretty much everything else sorted out by their clubs.

The Argentinian back room staff all have other jobs. Loffreda (to my knowlege) has not worked in a professional environment.
swadtiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by swadtiger »

I dont think it matters either way....

So far as i recall no experienced coaches of decent repute would prod the Leicester Board with a dirty stick when offered the job....for fear of a grubby goodbye out of the blue 2 tears down the line...

we should be gratefull he is coming...
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

If he's an amateur coach and doesn't do the job he could well be off after 2 years.Just hope he keeps a couple of our guys on Backy, Cockers to guide him but hopefully not Andy Key.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

hi g hows you my good mate?

Andy Key is getting better as a coach but I am 100% certain he is a bit better than a doctor who coaches at the weekend
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Lea

I'm fine thanks. If Andy Key stays as backs coach then we won't be scoring many tries from the backs this season. He didn't do a very good job last time he was backs coach if I remember rightly the backs went either sideways or backwards.

Ho if Loffreda does bring his own people in then I hope one is a decent backs coach.
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

Isn't Loffreda a backs coach? I thought that was why Gibson was not kept on as a coach last season, as Marcelo was to conduct his own backs coaching.