Live - World Cup Final!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Live - World Cup Final!

Post by IsraeliTiger »

The final countdown, just over half an hour left!!

Alright guys, so the players are warming up, Steyn has just kicked five drop goals over from near half way, its looking like it may not go Englands way, but least we can do is keep the faith! They got us this far, maybe there's a few more tricks left in the bag?

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

3 v 9 at Ht and they deserve it.............Lewis Moody what were u thinking !

Still, only 6 points in it come on boys..
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Damm 4 crucial penalties given away by....Moody, Corry, Kay and with 2 mins left Chuter joins the club.............. bu**er :smt013
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Oh well, best team won and tbh honest we got a lot further than I thought we would.
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

No complaints, England played well today, England did a great job of getting to the final, but South Africa were the better side throughout.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

We turned it round from no hopers to beaten finalists. With a bit of luck it could have been even better - but well done lads you made us proud!
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

In fairness - both teams deserved to win this:

South Africa - hadn't lost ONE match - they deserved it.

England - bounced back from the depths of doom and gloom - also deserved it from that alone.

Well done to the Boks, and commiserations to England -well done on getting to the final which to be honest was unexpected so don't feel too bad.

I just really felt it for Johnno in the studio.

Here's to the Six Nations!
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
elliot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by elliot »

ahh well!! we might have a good team come 4 years time in new zealand. Tait is still only what, 21? look at him tonight. We have a lot of fly halves coming through! and a promosing young utility called Elliot Hirst cough
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

The thing that upset me most was that little boy who was forced out onto the pitch along with the dude and the other chap with the Webb Ellis Cup. The poor little boy was awfully distressed - no way in the world would I put my son through that for anything.

Just had to say it. :smt013
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

I'm surprised: SA in defence and England attacking for at least 60 minutes. But SA made no mistakes but one, in defence,and England allowed few penalties more.
I know you're sad, but i want say bravo to your players. They did the unexpected, and lost a final by few points.
Bravo to SA. They knew when to play wide, and when to play closer, depending on the opponent they faced. The best team won, but England is now again close to the top.
When Tigers players will come back, please make them an applause for me, especially to Corry. :smt002
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

England did exactly what they NEEDED to do to SA to win, that is, keep Habana, Montgomery and others quiet. They did it very well, infact, particularly Habana.

However, the didnt do what they had to do, i.e. get points on the board and score tries. Had they managed that they'd have won!

Regarding the disallowed try, well, was very very close. Ive been saying for ages there should be some Hi-Def, super slow mo replays for the TMO to refer to. This was yet another case of one frame being in englands favour and the other in SA's favour, with the middle frame being blurred. I thought they would give it, i have to say, it was certainly very close, close enough though to understand why they didnt.

But thats also what i think killed England. We started that 2nd half so well and up to the try we were fantastic and, really, you have to say that England suddenly looked like the could win it. But presumably the standing round waiting dug the knife in and after that little break they didnt do anything else. Neither did SA really but they were ahead anyway!

But i guess the bottom line is: South Africa won, and fair play, they've been the best team all tournament. England, well, we were not expected by anyone, including most England fans, to get past the quarter finals, and perhaps even the groups. To get to the finals is a massive achievement and one which they should be proud of.

It will hurt now, but the squad has a lot of promise with plenty of players who have at least 1 and in some cases 2 world cups in them, and it may do them a world of good!
#48 FTW :)