How??

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

How??

Post by Rizzo »

am I going to watch - or even listen - to Saturday's final? I'm staying in a farmhouse owned by some friends in a tiny village in rural France - I think the population is something like 160 people. The house doesn't have TV connection or computer connection or wi-fi nearby.

I've been searching to find if there is digital TV coverage in that area (Angouleme) because if so I have a digital TV received I can connect through my husband's laptop. Otherwise I have a small radio which receives BBC World Service, and apparently there is a portable transistor radio in the house although it may not work!

I suppose the local village bar may show the final - but we won't arrive until early evening anyway.

AAARGH!
Last edited by Rizzo on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

I suppose that is what you call a monunmental Coq Up...!

:smt009
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

don't go, sorted, i mean i know its a holiday but this is also England defending the Rugby Wolrd Cup, i think it would be acceptable to stay at home, and if its not acceptable cunningly come down with a terrible case of flu!!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Get a French rugby shirt. It will hurt but you can do it. Make sure it is tight and undo all available buttons. Wear shirt, loiter in village bar, gently sobbing.

Say things like "damn ze engleesh swines"

Someone will aproach you and console you on your loss. You say that the only way you will be happy is to watch SA beat les onglays good and proper. Someone will invite you to their gaffe. Take a bottle of Remy. Bang tham over the head with it once they have sorted the correct channel.

Job done.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

I thought this was going to be a thread about a top tips programme on Yorkshire Television presented by Fred Dineage, Jack Hargreaves, Bunty Wossname and the other one - the bloke who did science-y things like how to make a transistor radio out of bra underwiring.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

If it makes you feel any better, for the 2003 final, we'd booked a family outing to watch Disney on Ice at Earls Court. Looking at the fixtures before the tournament started, I couldn't see England making the final so booked......... :smt022

...luckily I did get to see the 1st half, and listened to the 2nd half and extra time on my portable radio on the underground and walking to the venue !!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Gate wrote:I thought this was going to be a thread about a top tips programme on Yorkshire Television presented by Fred Dineage, Jack Hargreaves, Bunty Wossname and the other one - the bloke who did science-y things like how to make a transistor radio out of bra underwiring.
Jon Miller and Bunty James. Wasn't she every teenage boy's fantasy? Errrrr..... No.

http://www.garethjones.tv/images/HowTeamSmall.jpg
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

I'm on a long time arranged charter rail trip to Whitby.

What a pillock!
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

cornish tigress wrote:Get a French rugby shirt. It will hurt but you can do it. Make sure it is tight and undo all available buttons. Wear shirt, loiter in village bar, gently sobbing.

Say things like "damn ze engleesh swines"

Someone will aproach you and console you on your loss. You say that the only way you will be happy is to watch SA beat les onglays good and proper. Someone will invite you to their gaffe. Take a bottle of Remy. Bang tham over the head with it once they have sorted the correct channel.

Job done.
B) plot: get a Springboks shirt, and go to the bar speaking english with strong Afrikaans accent. I think it would sound as "Gut Efening, shall ich watch daz finale pliz?". Tell them Zuidafrikans will revenge France, and how many you are sad for French people, because France was worth for the final, not England...
Advice: don't use B plot in the same bar you tried the A plot :smt002
job done part two :smt003
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Well, the husband is taking laptop and a digital receiver thingy. And we "think" the neighbours have a satellite dish on their house, so if all else fails we can go next door and plead with them!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother