Andy Goode

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dinx

Andy Goode

Post by dinx »

Just wondering - was Goode playing with a blindfold or something??? :smt017 :smt017 :smt017
What a rubbish performance he had, was shouting for Burkey to come on!
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

Not as bad game as Maybank had!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I think Andy might not last a full season under Lollfreda.

Maybank - how does he survive as a Premiersip referee? Rolling away - coming in from the side - he is blind!!!
And as for going over the top!!!

But we lost!

We should have won 17 - 16. But we gifted them an interception try and Maybank gave them (wrongly) a PT. So we lost 30 17
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

BiilW I guess(hope!) you are saying that with a wink.

We lost becasue they "di**ed" us up front, beat us at the breakdown and kicked better than us. Re the PT, yes, White may have slipped but our LH simply just folded up and they looked as if they would have gone over anyway given another scrum......
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Andy's form is clearly not good as was shown against Glaws and the previous week at Insects' lair where he was equally as bad with the boot.

IMO he was a much better kicker a while back which makes you wonder whether he has had some bad coaching, carying an injury or not as focused. Clearly his confidence is not what it was which effects the result.

Can't help looking at Glaws with Lamb, Walker and now Pattison to choose from and thinking how we compare with Goode, Burke and Humphries
Last edited by Jeremy Anderson on Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Especially as Walker hardly seems to miss a kick, especially against us! Goodey was rubbish. Unfortunately, we don't have huge back-up and so Marcelo will have to stick with Goodey unless he wishes to open the cheque book.

Don't just blame it all on Goodey though, the whole team didn't perform.They were outclassed.
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

simon redshaw wrote:Especially as Walker hardly seems to miss a kick, especially against us! Goodey was rubbish. Unfortunately, we don't have huge back-up and so Marcelo will have to stick with Goodey unless he wishes to open the cheque book.

Don't just blame it all on Goodey though, the whole team didn't perform.They were outclassed.
Totally agree. Biggest underperformance for years.

Goodie's decision making was floored as well as his ability but when Burke came on we were no better off.

Luke Abrahams seemed to be the only man with any fight, even the Deacon bros didn't get into it. Tom Croft looked up for it when he came on but iot ewas too late by then.

What we need is a quality fly-half. How about a a very unhappy, down-beat, disallusioned Dan Carter. I'd esily pay a top up on my season ticket to see that week in week out...!
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Goode

Post by MurphysLaw »

I totally agree with Ben. The contrast between Walker and Goode last night was frightening. However,I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but Goode looked to be injured before the game started. He was visibly wincing after taking kicks, and yet he still played the first half. Whose decision was this? Even the best players can not play with less than 100% fitness without affecting your game - just ask Carter!!!

Regardless of this, our f/h line up does not bear comparison with Gloucs, or indeed most Prem/Celtic outfits.
A plea to Messrs Cohen/Tom - If we have any squad money left it must be spent on a top quality f/h - Hernandez, Larkham......
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

BenWL wrote:
simon redshaw wrote:Biggest underperformance for years.
Wasn't that the Heineken Cup final 2007?
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

Daveyboy wrote:
BenWL wrote:
simon redshaw wrote:Biggest underperformance for years.
Wasn't that the Heineken Cup final 2007?
Thought long and hard about that before I posted.

I never really believed that we would beat the Insects having seen so many big game no shows and them having had so much rest before the game. That was at Twickenham and not at "Fortress" Welford like yesterday.

There was no belief in the team and the crowd were so quiet that I think they all knew we were going to lose before we started. It takes a lot for a handful of Glaws fans to out shout us but they certainly did...!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

No this was much worse than that.
toriya

Post by toriya »

I also noticed that Goodey wasn't 100% fully fit. During warm up, you could see that he was having issues with his groin, and that he was in pain.
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

If i remember rightly, Humprhries has been injured and isn't fit yet?
The strapping on one knee & his missing the Bristol games says to me that Goode isn't fit but that he's playing due to lack of other options for covering FH.

As i said in the tigers v glos thread, i don't think the way Murphy kept picking up and running sideways from rucks before passing helped him yesterday either.
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

Sad to see he has under-performed for a while

If we need to invest tin the club it needs to be in a strong 10

Juan-Martin Hernandez where are you?

Stock in lofreda's suitcase after the workd cup I hope
Come on Tigers!!!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Goode: unfit,overweight,out of form,last choice FH from now till he is told he has no future by Loffreda.

There is a common thread to some of the Tigers worst performances in recent years.....the bloke in the 10 shirt, I don't think anyone will defend you now.

When is the Humpster back..soon I hope, until then Vesty at 10 is the only hope to get some consistent play, Rabeni at 12 till Mauger has arrived.
To win is not as important as playing with style!