Tuilagi brain muscle

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Big Tackle wrote:Didn't really see Alex do anything good fullstop during world cup matches, was wondering whether we have let the wrong brother go!Henry looked pretty awesome considering the injury problems he has had.
bet Tigers are kicking themsleves!
just lost the best ball carrier in the game
note he missed a match due to injury. now i forget what the reason was why we let him go :smt017
Big Tackle
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Big Tackle »

granted kornboy, but you do have to expect some injuries when you play like that!
on the whole quite a posotive return though with optomism for the future, at least he isn't scared of getting stuck in.
Line them up
Hit them hard
Do some damage
Make your mark !
SimW

Post by SimW »

Any team will be lucky to get 80 minutes out of Henry. You can't have a player on the team who can't manage a full 80 consistently. He's also not a good replacement because he can't cover other positions only 6 & 8 and as a 6 or 8 he is a weakness in the lineout. Too short and too heavy!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

SimW wrote:
"Any team will be lucky to get 80 minutes out of Henry. You can't have a player on the team who can't manage a full 80 consistently. He's also not a good replacement because he can't cover other positions only 6 & 8 and as a 6 or 8 he is a weakness in the lineout. Too short and too heavy!"

Def a very bad idea to have a player who has no chance of playing 80mins in your team can't believe any decent club or international side would let that happen.........oh hang on.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
bigstef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bigstef »

:smt119 Right I am about to become very unpopular, i hope he proves me wrong but AT is just like Julian White, against mediocre opposition he is devastating put he against good international level players and he has nothing, his offloading did get better but it seems as his profile and hype around him increases it has gone to his head and all too often he tries to just bash through the defenders when there are several better options if he ever wants to be a world class player then he must tweak his game
AP
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by AP »

I agree to a certain extent bigstef.I have been a little disappointed not to see Alex racing down the wing and scoring but I did think this was more to do with the service [or lack of] that he was getting.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

AP wrote:I agree to a certain extent bigstef.I have been a little disappointed not to see Alex racing down the wing and scoring but I did think this was more to do with the service [or lack of] that he was getting.
The sense I got was that Alex looked pretty hungry in the first couple of games, but that almost every line he ran became a decoy ...... as he had absolutely no service. Since then, I'm sorry to say, he has given the appearance of not really being at the races.

Overall, you'd have to say that Alex has had a very disappointing RWC.