Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Harry Ellis

Post by Ben the Tiger »

This is not a rumor this is true.

Sice Harru Ellis has had his operation on his knee he has got MRSA and has lost 3 stone.

Get Well Soon Harry.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Source?
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

My Grandmother is very friendly (as is the rest of my family) with the people in the shop and the person who is sort of in charge told her and she told me.

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Worrying. Particularly since presumably he was in a Private Hospital.
nwnreader

Post by nwnreader »

Baloney - according to one quite close to the lad.
He has copped an infection in the wound, but that is coming along fine. Also, he has lost weight but that is as much due to not beefing up like he normally would as the effects of the bug. If he kept up his diet with no exersize he would put on 3 stone, then what would people say?

Its bad enough HE has suffered the injury/lost his RWC place and now a knock-back, without tabloid comments. Consider his feelings.
If Tigers become Lions, how do Lions become Pussycats?
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

nwnreader wrote:Baloney - according to one quite close to the lad.
He has copped an infection in the wound, but that is coming along fine. Also, he has lost weight but that is as much due to not beefing up like he normally would as the effects of the bug. If he kept up his diet with no exersize he would put on 3 stone, then what would people say?

Its bad enough HE has suffered the injury/lost his RWC place and now a knock-back, without tabloid comments. Consider his feelings.
Acutually it is true. He has lost about 3 stone and did get MRSA while in hospital. Does it not surprise you considering the state of hospitals in this country.
Last edited by Ben the Tiger on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

We all wish him well whatever the setback. And look forward to having him fit and well on the field.
nwnreader

Post by nwnreader »

My 'source' is a respected member of this forum, and a long standing friend of HEs. He has lost weight, but that is not sinister. Less diet and less exersize is a planned element of his injury management and brings with it a reduction in size. Not believed to be 20kg. tho, and in any case not anything to get your rocks off over.
As regards the source of HEs illness, I'll go with my contact for the moment, not some over the counter gossip.
Of course, if I find it is true, I'll withdraw. My main point is that we should not rush to print at the first opportunity to sensationalise a players injury situation. As regards the 'state' of your hospitals, as I have no idea which HE was treated in, or its MRSA record, I'll hang fire on that.
If Tigers become Lions, how do Lions become Pussycats?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Whatever the nature of his setback, if it is a setback, I am sure we all wish him well in his recovery process and look forward to seeing him out on the field at his best.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

private hospital = very little to no risk of MRSA. An infection does not have to be MRSA and tbh - i think its all a bit of chinese whispers.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

So stop perpetuating/amplifying/contuing them and wish him well OK!!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Whatever people's "sources" it's still rumour - and speculation is pointless and undesirable.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother