Lewis Hamilton

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

stormers

Lewis Hamilton

Post by stormers »

Has anybody made a better start to a career than Lewis? He is outclassing the world champion and Alonso is starting to feel the heat:

http://tinyurl.com/29b29h

Is it too early to say he could be Sports Personality of the Year?
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Button must be seething...took him 100-odd races to get a win and Hamilton does it in 6 !!!
wills_#1fan!
Super User
Super User

Post by wills_#1fan! »

Alonso didnt seem to happy in the interview, went through the motions of "ye he is good, fully deserved blah blah"
But it seemed to be through gritted teeth to me, maybe he is a little jealous
If we never meet again,
Think of me every now and then!
stormers

Post by stormers »

westwinds31 wrote:Button must be seething...took him 100-odd races to get a win and Hamilton does it in 6 !!!
To be fair to Button he has never had a great car, but Hamilton is better driver.
lel007
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by lel007 »

Won 2 VIP tickets from Renault for race day at Silverstone.
Am looking forward to cheering Lewis on (even though he isn't Renault!) and hopefully seeing a British winner of British Grand Prix. He is skilful for his age and hopefully can keep it up without distraction. Button embraced the playboy lifestyle and split with his long-term girlfriend when he hit the big time and you cannot just blame the car.
Roll on 8th July. Then can concentrate on rugby again!!
Vavae Voom - Tigers need for speed!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I can proudly say I've been a McLaren fan for years. I have always supported the British Drivers and McLaren has always been the team i've supported, so this is great. To have an Englsih driving, driving for McLaren is great, but him wiining is even better, especially after the last few seasons McLaren have had, this is what McLaren fans have been waiting for, its great.

GO HAMILTON, KEEP IT UP, HOPEFULLY GET THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

He's actually got me to sit up and take notice of F1, which is something, believe me.

I thought Alonso's grumble was hilarious. Stay on the track, love. You'll have a better chance.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Kinny, same here. As a motorsport fan I *hate* F1, but for some reason I find myself trying to get into it. I still don't like it, but Montreal was worth it for some of the incredible screw ups by mechanics, drivers and race control.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Heidfield went easy on him. go heidfeld!!
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Sports Personality of the Year? Given that the rest of British sport seems to be getting worse and worse, you never know, If he can keep it up, i don't see why not. After all, Jenson Button got nominated for winning one race. I would hope Hamilton can do more than that.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I think he is in with a real chance as Sports Personality of the Year, he'll get my vote if hes up there.
stormers

Post by stormers »

Lewis does it again!! Pole position!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

He's a top man.

In my opinion, it's a shame that Andy Murray is injured. It would be great to have two British individual sportsmen on top of their game at the same time.

All we need now is for a Brit to win the golf.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

I see what you mean Kinoulton, and I know just how to do it. Offer Tigers Woods English citizenship!
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
stormers

Post by stormers »

2 poles, 2 wins. He is definately in this title race