Boring/Interesting Facts or Tiger claim to fames???

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

My brother used to play for Barnhall in Ireland, he retired when Trevor Brennan joined Barnhall because Trevor (or Sir, or Mr Brennan, or better still Mr Brennan sir as it's best to call him!) played in his position.

Now that's dull isn't it?
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

I played with Tom and Ben Youngs and Ben Pienaar at school (this will be much cooler in five years) .. and at the same local club as Nick Youngs (which is cool right now)
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
benn

Post by benn »

my brother was stopped by Deano many moons ago and had to produce his car's papers (i went out to protest on his behalf but due to me wearing slippers at the time, i sort of lost any respect i may have had)

i was stopped and cautioned by Deano for not stopping at a give way (even though i could see nothing was coming)

i met gavin hastings at a rugby do in singapore

derek jelly bought a car off my brother and offered to give him a signed picture, as he knew i was a tigers fan - my brother promptly told him i'd prefer one of paul gustard!

watched freddie and henry in grass skirts (and little else) dancing in our local pub's garden

see mr rowntree regularly in our co-op
HongKongTiger

Post by HongKongTiger »

My mate Richard (Midge) Neil's father used to play for Leicester Tigers in the late 1950's. I believe his Dad was in the RAF (Midge is a pilot now)
Is there an 'Old Boys' directory in which I can check this?

I also shared a plane trip from Brisbane to Christchurch with Martin Johnson prior to the Test series with the British Lions. (and said hello to Graham Rowntree in a coffee shop in Auckland) :oD
The South Stand Rocks !
:smt038
muttley75
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by muttley75 »

Forgot this one, I played against (and punched) Phil Greening in the Gloucestershire Colts County Cup Final on Kingsholme in about '95 - Berry Hill Vs Gloucester Spartans (think I must have had a premonition that he was going to play for Wasps!).
the schizophrenic mutt - tiger or fox, tiger or fox, errrrr!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=568315524
www.myspace.com/martindurrad
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

I am Geordie's second cousin three times removed. I went to school with Brian O'D who used to get into all sorts of trouble behind the bike sheds, and I am also very good friends with Brett Deacon's best mate's sister's half brother's son's girlfriend's aunty's sister in law's mother - Rachel.

Love the one with Johnno and the Cat food! maybe he owns little tigers :lol:
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
moodyisthegreatest
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by moodyisthegreatest »

My Dad went to the same school aas lewis moody and tom croft. HE also met Peter Wheeler for a meal i think.
My mum went out for a meal with Rob Andrews when he was 20.
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

My son's best text and phone pal is Dan Carter. Played against each other loads of times. Best of mates. Hopefully when he comes to England he will join the insects - sorry all you Tigers fans!!!
My little claim to glory. Sorry, but I know all the Tigers players - what a big head I am. ha ha
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

Sorry but just could not resist that. And it really is true. But hey I'm an insect now, so what I say doesn't count.
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

I am friends with Martin Johnson - for real - for me nothing can beat that, a rugby legend with the best English club ever! :oP
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Mike Harrison, Tigers captain in the '60s, drew the short straw when I knocked on the staff room door having broken my wrist playing roundy ball one lunchtime at school. He was 'chosen' to take me down the road to the Royal. If it had been a luchtime practicing rugby he might have been happier or more understanding. 'Why do you think its broken?' 'Because I heard the crack and I can't move it, Sir.' 'Huh, OK then.'
All this back in '65 I think.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.