Why are we getting rid of Jennings?!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

cooke-1
Top Cat
Top Cat

Why are we getting rid of Jennings?!!

Post by cooke-1 »

He was even voted the second best player in the Premiership!
The new SA bloke won't even toach Cullen either.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Why are we getting rid of Jennings?!!

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

cooke-1 wrote:He was even voted the second best player in the Premiership!
The new SA bloke won't even toach Cullen either.
We are not getting rid. He is going. The way the irish team is picked might have something to do with his decision :o?
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Keep up! ;o) They're both leaving to go back to Ireland because they've been told that that is the only way they'll get into the national team. Plus Jennings is homesick. There's nothing Tigers want more than to keep them here.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
smith482
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by smith482 »

Jennings has chosen to go there's no way we would have got rid of him and I'm sure they would have tried to persuade him to stay. He will be sorely missed and very hard to replace but good luck to him at Leinster and let's look forward to seeing him playing for Ireland.
stevomarkv
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by stevomarkv »

Remember when we signed Jennings and Cullen? nobody thought they'd be as good as backy or johnno then, so who's to say that this new SA isn't up to the task?
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

stevomarkv wrote:Remember when we signed Jennings and Cullen? nobody thought they'd be as good as backy or johnno then, so who's to say that this new SA isn't up to the task?
Agreed, who was this Castrogiovanni geezer!? I remember people saying. :lol:

Tigers have a habit of being able to pick up players with potential and getting them to fulfill it in Tigers colours pretty damn quickly.

I've a feeling the new crop of 'unknowns' will become stalwart players very quickly under Backy's and Cockers' careful tutelage.
Davis08

Post by Davis08 »

Don't forget we have Ben Herring waiting in the side lines. If his knee has been patched up he will be a suitable replacement for Jennings. Needs time to adjust to the GPL though...
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

BelperJon wrote:
Tigerbob wrote:Agreed, who was this Castrogiovanni geezer!? I remember people saying.
<adopts smug mode>
I remember watching Castro for a couple of 6 Nations before he came to Welford Road and thinking, ":censored: hell, he's good! I wish he was at Tigers."
And the rest, as they say, is history.
<cancels smug mode and fits spare head 2>
i said to everyone around me - first game against sale when looking at the team sheet "this guy, castrogiovani is really good - trust me" to be met with usual grumbles and "errr more foreign players" type responses - and i have never got it so right :oP
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

GS wrote:Plus Jennings is homesick.
Well his dad not too sure about his mum fly over from Ireland for every home game and final game. Now that is dedication!
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

We should be thanking him for his efforts and being grateful for 2 superb seasons from him, not whingeing that he's going!!!

Thank you Shane, good luck at Leinster.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

No way did the club get rid of Shane. He wanted to return to Dublin mainly for family reasons.

For me he has been an outstanding player for Tigers and I wish him well at Leinster (except when they playe Tigers of course).
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

Gently, gently. You have to appreciate that places like Lincolnshire live in a time warp. It's all very slow and steady over there. Cooke-1 is after all a new member.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I spoke to Leo after Saturday's game and wished him good luck, and said how sad we were that he and Shane were leaving us. Leo replied "I'm sad that we're going, it's been great here, thank you."

They both have their personal reasons for going back to Ireland, as well as the Ireland team selection hopes.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

keep up come on. he chose to leave
Come on you tigers!
A.J.P.
Tiger Cub

Post by A.J.P. »

It has been a total pleasure to watch "our Shane" (as he is known at work, because we sponsor him) this year. I think Leinster will give him a smoother passage into the Ireland squad, which for any sportsman has to be the aim (if he's Irish anyway). I am sure he'll make the World Cup squad, ostensibly as number two to David Wallace, then impress in the group matches and later... then break into the first XV next year. If that means leaving Leicester, then noone can begrudge that! Noone here seems to, before anyone kicks off.

Who will be the 'starting' seven next year?