Harry Ellis

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Dave Angel wrote:No, Austin was never registered as a palyer for this season in either the Premiership nor the Heineken Cup squads.

Austin is therefore no allowed to play in either final even if he wanted to or the club wanted to ask him.
Austin said that when he tries to take off into a run nowadays, he feels like he's carrying a fridge on his back. Even if he was permitted etc, I don't honestly think he could.

Frank Murphy is pretty darned good in my opinion, and Humph didn't do badly in that position last night.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

special t wrote:Not sure Cockers and Howard are to blame. They can only act on the medical advice they have. IFthe advice was that he had a knee problem which could be worsened through playing then yes Howard and Cockers are to blame OR ifthe medical team misdiagnosed Harry's injury or failed to warn Cokcers/Howard then they should take the blame. However, if the injury was not linked to his previous knee injury then no one is to blame.

Players can be stubburn sometimes. Perhaps he convinced himself and everyone else that his knee was not that bad. It must be terrible for him, knowing he is out for a long time, possibly needing an operation and missing the BIG final on the 20th. He must be gutted.
tigers fan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigers fan »

Poor Harry he will be missed

Get better soon

Just seen this on theNews main page not sure if it has been posted

The England scrum-half was injured during the second half of the Guinness Premiership semi-final win over Bristol Rugby last Saturday and will not play again this season.

Head coach Pat Howard confirmed the injury was to the anterior cruciate ligament in the 24-year-old’s left knee.

He said: “Harry’s season is over for Leicester. He had a scope on his knee on Monday and we know a lot more about the injury now. England and Leicester are going to work together as a medical team to come up with the best answer.

“It is too early to talk about the World Cup. The medical teams have a lot of information about the injury and they are going to go through it and the two medical teams are coming together to come up with an answer.

“In terms of the Leicester team, it is a blow, but we have to deal with it and we have a big squad. But in terms of Harry himself, it is obviously very disappointing.”

Ellis has enjoyed an impressive season with Tigers, during which he passed the landmark of 100 starting appearances for his home-town club, and he was arguably England’s stand-out player during the Six Nations Championship.

Ellis said: “The injury has come at a very bad time with two big cup finals and the World Cup coming up. But I have to put myself in the hands of the medical teams and hope the damage is not too bad and that I am a quick healer.”

Howard confirmed that Scott Bemand was on the route back to fitness after a knee injury, while he also has Frank Murphy and Ben Youngs as alternatives at scrum-half for this weekend’s Guinness Premiership Final against Gloucester at Twickenham.
vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

I feel so sorry for Haz and England.
When Frank Murphy came on, he stood up to the occasion so I have every confidence in him for the remaining 2 games. It's just that we hv no room for manevour as we hv no scrum half left :mad:
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Are we allowed to register any more players for Heineken? If Murphy gets a knock on Saturday we're stuffed!
Panda

Post by Panda »

I think we saw Howard's thinking in the last 20 mins of last nights game.

Burke came on for Ben Youngs and Humphreys moved to 9. Given the Wasps back row last night, I thought he did reasonably well.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

To answer Crumbie Cat:

How can I amaze you, you hardly even know me. You only seem to have some impression of me from this forum which if you met me in person you would realise was quite wrong. Your reasoning reminds me of some of the worse people in Tonbridge RM who form an impression of them, consider them to be not worth talking because they supposedly know less etc.

Firstly I am entitled to my opinion regardless of it not being backed up by anyone here. I have praised the coaches at times also and yet you say I just abuse them rubbish playing styles, rotation policies etc. Sorry, but that is what this forum is about, rightly or wrongly to you, and it is where people can argue for or against something. If you actually looked at these forums properly you might find that a few others do have some of the concerns on certain topics as myself but you chose to vilify me.

You describe me as a pessimist and have a big black mobile cloud. Well actually I can be very optimistic too.

I don't doubt the overall job that Pat and Cockers have done and acknowlwedge their success so far but when someone feels that they have made a foul up over something they should be entitled to say so.

You don't really know me or what I have gone through so don't judge a book just by its supposed cover.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Bunchy, whilst I admit that I don't have the training etc of the coaches, I do have support on my viewpoint from other people I have spoken to and they can't all be wrong.

As these coaches are so knowledgeable and if as it appears they let Harry with the knowledge of him having already had some injury problems then they they have been ill-judged and haven't used their knowledge properly.

I have no issue against our coaches as persons, I am just saying that I believe that they have been ill-judged at least in their decision to let Harry start against Bristol. I would certainly have rested him if he was not supposed to be fully fit. I am going by information that has been uncovered by others in relation to Harry here, so If I am misinformed I am fully prepared to offer my apologies.

Bunchy, I am sorry If I appear a misery or whatever on this issue, I am not trying to be on a big dowener about Tigers.

I do though get quite snarly when I feel aggravated by something of this nature. Maybe, I should let things lie and I will leave this thread now before I get further in deep!! I think rightly or wrongly, although I have never met Harry I am very sensitive about him as he a terrific player and guy and that is one reason for being so upset about him potentially missing the World Cup and missing these two finals.
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

** Please note I am not blaming anyone**

I thought his left knee was heavily bandaged at the start of the game and this was the knee he injured.?

Also, there is no point "saving" a player for a final if you do not win the semi !

There we go a foot in both camps.....
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Simon

Really you should know by now that the only opinion you are allowed to have on this forum is one where you have to nod politely and say what others want to hear.

Sadly you are in a no win situation. I did laugh though where one poster said you are talking a load of cr@p and in the next breath said you are still allowed your opinion.Just goes to show he says your opinion is cr@p but you can have an opinion only if he likes what you are saying. :roll:

WELL EVERYONE IMO I AGREE WITH SIMON. So I guess I'm talking cr@P too? :roll: But then again this is my opinion one which I am very much entitled to and I'm so sorry if it doesn't conform to what you all want to hear.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Simon - I think my point is that he was carrying an injury - he then injured some other muscle / ligament.
Although both were connected in some way to the same knee, you cannot link the two !!

I think PH and RC and the club as a whole have proved that they take the players welfare very seriously indeed - they assessed his injury and decided to let him play on the basis of how serious the previous unconnected injury was - they have my faith as they had all the facts.

I think Paddy and Cockers get a rough ride on here sometimes!!
Less is more....
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

May I offer a medical perspective on this?

I should clarify that I am NOT involved with Harry's or any of the Tigers' care - I am just a supporter - but the reports all indicate that Harry has an Anterior Cruciate ligament injury. This was sustained during the match. It is a serious knee injury and I suspect he will need surgery and a long period of physio and rehabilitation.

This is an all-or-nothing type of injury. It could not be a niggling injury that was aggravated by the game. It just happened. Very sad.... but it just happened. It could not have been foreseen. The coaches and physio team are blameless in this incident and should be exonerated.

Lastly, we are talking here about professional sportsmen at the end of a long season. There isn't one 1st Team player out there who isn't carrying one knock or other at this time of the year. Harry had heavy strapping on his injured leg - but many players had other body parts equally heavily-strapped. You can't read anything into it.

I am very saddened for Harry.

I am pleased for Frank Murphy who will get an opportunity to play on the big stage.

I am grateful to Pat and his coaching team for putting Tigers in a position to win 3 trophies this season. I agree with Bunchy that they get an inappropriately rough ride at times. They have got us this far - let us trust them to finish the job.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

g wrote:Simon

Really you should know by now that the only opinion you are allowed to have on this forum is one where you have to nod politely and say what others want to hear.

Sadly you are in a no win situation. I did laugh though where one poster said you are talking a load of cr@p and in the next breath said you are still allowed your opinion.Just goes to show he says your opinion is cr@p but you can have an opinion only if he likes what you are saying. :roll:

WELL EVERYONE IMO I AGREE WITH SIMON. So I guess I'm talking cr@P too? :roll: But then again this is my opinion one which I am very much entitled to and I'm so sorry if it doesn't conform to what you all want to hear.
this used to be a reasoned, well balanced discussion.
g - dont be a drama queen. Simon thinks that Harry's injury is linked to the one he carried into the game and therefore the coaching team are to blame - others think it was unconnected and not the coaches fault.

Simple as. No need for you to get so excited.

Mind you - this was a perfect opportunity for you to get on the backs of Paddy and Cockers wasn't it ?? :roll:
Less is more....
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

This one isn't really about opinion though is it? The coaching team have been blindly accused, through no medical understanding, of risking Harry with an injury that has been aggravated. With no suggestion other than some strapping in a vaguely similar area of his leg that there is any evidence, thats quite an accusation to be making.

Read Daveyboy's post. He seems to know what he's talking about rather than looking for someone to blame. It was just an unfortunate accident with bad timing.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Time will tell Iain, but I don't think that I am blindly accusing the coaches. I think that I have as much reason to put my argument as these "experts".