Hieneken OR Guinness

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spunkemo
Top Cat
Top Cat

Hieneken OR Guinness

Post by Spunkemo »

in the next two weeks we could be tripple holders, or just the EDF winners. Personaly id love to see tigers lift the Hieneken rather than Guinness as for some reason we have domminated Europe but but have just done well in Prem. I think the main cause of this was due to the amount of matches we have played and we have sacrifiesed premiership games for europe. Gloucester havn't dominated england, were out of the Edf quikly and the same with the Hieneken. all they have been fighting for is the prem, unlike the tigers 3 fronts.

If we lose to Gloucester it will be a shame, but if we win against Wasps it will just confirm we have destroyed the best teams in Europe and we are not to be messed with.

Gloucester have done what Sale did last season, only played well in premiership.Tigers have once again gone for all 3 compotitions, however this season are in 3 finals as well
SAVE BEN HERRING
tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by tigergirl »

Both please! We've got to believe that all 3 are within our grasp now.
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

I definitely beleive, come on you Tigers.
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

Heineken without a doubt. We have a major chance with both but out of the two the Heineken is more important for me.
swadtiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by swadtiger »

Neither without a decent No.9 we are stuffed...end of the season when ellis hobbled off.
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Neither without a decent No.9 we are stuffed...end of the season when ellis hobbled off.

You can't beat a bit of positivity can you? :roll:
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

i would like to win both of them please.
Come on you tigers!
hohe
Top Cat
Top Cat

heineken or guiness

Post by hohe »

i think that it would be great for tigers to lift the hc and guiness prem but i think that we should focus more on the hc
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

swadtiger wrote:Neither without a decent No.9 we are stuffed...end of the season when ellis hobbled off.
one man doesn't make a team! While Harry is an amazing number 9, we have won plenty of big games without him and if he is unfit then we still have more than a fighting chance of beating Gloucester and Wasps
swadtiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by swadtiger »

Positivity is usefull and so is blind faith but....

Its a long way from ellis...bypassing bemand to get to frank murphy....

We are coming up against the best side in the league with a 9 in both games who may be out of his depth against some serious competitiors....and wasps having again rolled over at welford are simply waiting for us at their second home Twickenham.

Having released the ball to his halfback partner we are again weakened by one of the most "ordinary" fly-halves in the division....

yesterday was about getting through yesterday with out losing any key players....as we need them all fit and available to win these games...9 is a key position...a weakness that both oppsoition coaches will target
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

We have to remember that many people saw Goode as a weakness a few weeks ago and now you wouldnt drop him would you!

We have to stay positive and give the support to whoever pulls on the jersey. i am sure they will give it their all and will have 14 other players helping him out.
watso2c
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by watso2c »

I think it would be a disaster to concentrate on one trophy at the expense of another. The GP final is first so we must pick the best, might be the healthiest, 22 for next week. I'd hate to surrender the GP, and then screw up the HC.
Chris
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

KEEP T H E FAITH !!

To win either would be good. To win both will be better!!
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

It is a great shame that Harry is injured but the extent of the injury cannot be known yet.

As for "Yesterday was about getting through without losing any key players...." I am afraid that shows considrable naievity. Every player is at risk of injury, every time he takes the field. We needed Harry to play yesterday otherwise there would be no GP final next week. He did not set out to get injured and no-one deliberately injured him. It is all part of the game.

Maybe Frank will have to start next week. He may have the game of his life. We just don't know.

All these "harbinger of doom" predictions don't help the collective spirit much, I have to say.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I ain't harbinged any doom!!!

KEEP T H E FAITH !!