Atmosphere at the Walkers yesterday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Atmosphere at the Walkers yesterday

Post by tigergirl »

After all that has been posted on here over the past few years I think we can well and truly say after yesterday that the atmosphere at the Walkers can be as good as anywhere!Hats off to the organisers for the pre-match drumming/music etc. It was VERY LOUD but really built up the atmosphere. We didn't take our seats until about 2.45 and the wall of noise when we went up reminded me of Parc des Princes in 2001.Scarlets singing certainly added to the atmosphere but we were awesome too and kept up the volume for most of the match. Well done to the guy with the horn in the A&L. He got us started and Swing Low was just marvellous. It all sounded brilliant when I watched it back on video. So well done to everybody - no worries about playing there again now (still don't really like the place though - too much concrete!)
**Harry Ellis fan**

Post by **Harry Ellis fan** »

yeah - at the start things were a little bit quiet from where i was sitting especially with the scarlett fans to the left of me! But as the pace picked up and with tigers winning the atmosphere was great especially with swing low echoing aroung the stadium - it is good to finally win at walkers with a supportive crowd!

plus i made it to work for 6 o'clock!

**Harry Ellis fan**
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I thought the atmosphere was fantastic - it was for Toulouse and Bath as well, but it wasn't as good because the team didn't turn up !!! Great stadium and it's a great view wherever you sit...good facilities and reasonably easy to get to. Why don't we look at sharing with Leicester City........whoops !!! 8o) :hammer:
ScarletHeart
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ScarletHeart »

I thought the atmosphere was quite ordinary during the match yesterday, before it it was awesome but during it it seemed a little bland, the best atmosphere I've ever experienced in my life is still Scarlets-Munster at Stradey Park. That was absoloutely shatteringly powerful.
Scarlets Vs. Leicester ......Bring it on.
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

**Harry Ellis fan** wrote:yeah - at the start things were a little bit quiet from where i was sitting especially with the scarlett fans to the left of me! But as the pace picked up and with tigers winning the atmosphere was great especially with swing low echoing aroung the stadium - it is good to finally win at walkers with a supportive crowd!

plus i made it to work for 6 o'clock!

**Harry Ellis fan**
My seat was smack bang in the middle of 11.000 Scarlet fans. There was only about 4 Tigers' fans around me. It made things interesting lol. An experience I will never forget either lol. The atmosphere was great. There were a few abusive fans behind me, who were also drunk and kept spilling beer over everyone infront. I enjoyed tbe singing. The Tigers proved me wrong and beat the Scarlets. It was a fantastic feeling, especially from where I was sitting lol.
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Would have LOVED to be there!! what a match!

WELL DONE TIGERS!!! :mr.green:
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tigers song

Post by jack »

Following the discussion last week about song - how many times have we aired this??
I was impressed with the singing of Swing Low. Its a start. Lets use it again in the final.
Leicester being a fox hunting county (formerly) there should be something! Mind you I'd feel a right burke singing D'ye ken John Peel!
Still we need a song, but its coming!
I thought it was amusuing when the pre match DJ played Delilah for the Scartets! What nhappened to the Sospan!?
Tigers - true Champions!
swadtiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by swadtiger »

at the north stand end it was rocking...all game...lets move to the walkers!!!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Why not? We can buy it for 5c on the $
sparky
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by sparky »

i was in the scarlets end surrounded by angry and disapointed welshman so when the tigers end sang sweet chariot that really helped ease the atmosphere !!!!!!!!!!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

as i've put in another thread, the guys were awesome yesterday AND so were we.

when we were in the prem final last season, we were out played and out sung by the sale supporters, but hey nobody can out do our team and us as supporters now.

i have to say also that we still need a song .... IMHO that is.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers song

Post by kingneptuneii »

jack wrote: I was impressed with the singing of Swing Low. Its a start. Lets use it again in the final.
nt really as affective in an all english affair ;o)
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
PlymouthPaul

Post by PlymouthPaul »

Thought the atmosphere and the crowd - for both sides - was fantastic. The drummers were an inspired act and should be booked again. Loved the whole occasion. (helps that we won) Even driving up was easy including an unplanned 'pacy' convoy of three 'Tigers' cars on the M69
It's first time I've been in the Crisp Bowl to watch a game - it is a brilliant stadium and gives so many more people the chance to attend. All respect to those who prefer Welford Road, indeed my inlaws didn't go cos the game was at the Walkers and look what they missed, but I reckon Walkers is the future for a club with big ideas for the future.#
:oD :oD :oD :oD :oD :oD :oD :oD :oD
AND THE TIGERS ARE GETTING HUNGRY....
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Great atmosphere. As I have always said it is the crowd that makes it. You have to give credit to the stadium the views are great. I have always been a supporter for moving there rather than wasting £30m on developing WR (the money would be better spent on the squad when the wage cap lifts).

As for Swing Low - it is great when you are against non English opposition - we started in Dublin against Leinster and it really riled them! However, it would not work against other English opposition so we really do need another song.

I do favour the traditional song but I have just heard Slade My Oh My and the chorus is fantastic,it would sound great in a stadium.

The lyrics are below and would need changing - just the chorus would do. The link below is for the lyrics:
http://www.oleo.tv/lyrics/slade/my-oh-my/

I can't seem to find a link so people can hear the chorus.

Interested in other poster's views.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I too thought the atmosphere was better than our previous trips to Walkers but there are still far to many quiet Leicester fans

I had a group of old blokes in front of me who looked disaprovingly every time i got the crowd going banging the drum - I sure they would be better off in front of the telly!!

Also I get very very annonyed by the loud music in these stadia - we should be the ones making the noise not the sound system - they played it right up to the start and then patrionisingly told us to support our teams !! _ I needed no encouragement I was just waiting for them to shut up - then at the end the immediately start with more rubbish instead of allowing us to salute our heros as they take their lap of honour.

Please please save us from this condesending mind blowing :censored: and let the suppoters do the supporting!!