Singing on Saturday - an idea (another one!)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by burly bill mclaren »

indeed even turks would agree its a bit odd but very tuneful. the history briefly is the stradey and furnace area (hence name furnace) was a huge industrial hotbed back in the day and part of the output was little sospans hence sospan fach (little sospan) if you look closely there are little sospans on top of all posts at stradey park
H E RICHARDS
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

Iain D wrote:Of course Tigers have a song. It's simple.. everyone knows it.. one word in fact. It begins with a D, ends with an O and has 'ean' in the middle.

Or am I just a little behind the times?
-----
I have a "football" chorus lol

Tui-lagi Ohh Ohh Oh!!, to the tune of, erm can't remember the name of the song but it is a very old one and sung by Sinatra I think.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Big Bad John wrote:Ze Stade Fan I can assure you that the Colonel Bogey March most definately does have words! Every little boy in England grows up knowing them...
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I just wikied the words. Right. Some people might find them derogatory to their team. Although the ref will make sure there is only one ball on the pitch.

But I'd stick to Elgar, then, it's safer. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

TigerS2 wrote: Tui-lagi Ohh Ohh Oh!!, to the tune of, erm can't remember the name of the song but it is a very old one and sung by Sinatra I think.
Would that be Volare sung by old blue eyes' bud Dean Martin (not to be confused with Dean Richards or Ricky Martin)

The other one on that theme of course is "Thats Amore"

When the sun hits your eyes and the tigers score tries thats Amore
When Ben Kay fakes a pass and you fall on your bottom thats Amore
When Andy Goode grows in size eating too many pizza pies thats Amore (sorry Andy)
When Castro comes back you'll be scared of our pack
Thats Amore
And when Harry runs through you won't know what to do thats Amore

Score Amore Score Amore ..
Turkish
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Turkish »

teds wrote:

When Andy Goode grows in size eating too many pizza pies thats Amore (sorry Andy)
Thats Amore

very soccerish that isn't it?
SCARLETS
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

teds wrote:
TigerS2 wrote: Tui-lagi Ohh Ohh Oh!!, to the tune of, erm can't remember the name of the song but it is a very old one and sung by Sinatra I think.
Would that be Volare sung by old blue eyes' bud Dean Martin (not to be confused with Dean Richards or Ricky Martin)

The other one on that theme of course is "Thats Amore"

Thats Amore

Luvin' it! :lol:
thommo1
Tiger Cub

Post by thommo1 »

Teds you are a star! :mr.green:
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

I think we should give ' LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY ' a real go as it was so moving on Sunday at Twickers.

On the subject of a band what about something along the lines of the FALMOUTH MARINE BAND who support the CORNISH PIRATES?

I sat behind them on Sunday and they were first class entertainment all the way through PIRATES game.

What a way to welcome and support the Tigers this would be and also giving a great entertainment to our supporters. :oD
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

chappie wrote:I think we should give ' LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY ' a real go as it was so moving on Sunday at Twickers.

On the subject of a band what about something along the lines of the FALMOUTH MARINE BAND who support the CORNISH PIRATES?

I sat behind them on Sunday and they were first class entertainment all the way through PIRATES game.

What a way to welcome and support the Tigers this would be and also giving a great entertainment to our supporters. :oD
----------

I remember hearing "Always look on the bright side of life" everytime they came out on to the pitch. That was quite a good theme song of theirs. Perhaps it should be played because of all the disputes going on between the RFU and PRL etc.
fozzie

Post by fozzie »

it's traditional to make a cd to listen to on the coach on the way to away games but the only Leicester related one I could find this time was "Hunting Tigers out in India" by the Bonzo Do doo Dah band.
How about that realy annoying one from the Frosties advert by that kid that everyone hates?
I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

fozzie wrote:it's traditional to make a cd to listen to on the coach on the way to away games but the only Leicester related one I could find this time was "Hunting Tigers out in India" by the Bonzo Do doo Dah band.
How about that realy annoying one from the Frosties advert by that kid that everyone hates?
Welcome here Fozzie. I'll be watching the game on sky. Can you do a nice Welsh choir of the "Zulu" type during a time out ? I love that kind of music.

By the way, anyone quoting "Folsom Prison Blues" in his profile is someone who deserves respect and consideration. At Stade Français we prefer "A Boy Named Sue" but that's another story.

How' bout "The Tiger sleeps tonight ?" Woooo-oooooo-ooooo etc... ? ;o)
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Kirstyf
Tiger Cub

Post by Kirstyf »

I'm all in favour of adopting the Irish national anthem with 'Tigers' instead of 'Ireland' - but unfortunately most of them seem to be leaving...

I'd definitely be up for a chorus of Land of Hope and Glory. Although, last time I was in a pub full of Welsh rugby fans my husband bet me a fiver I wouldn't launch into a solo chorus of Jerusalem - of course I had to prove him wrong!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Who let the Tigers out, oh oh oh

(to the tune of who let the dogs out)
Basic easy to remember, jobs a good'un!
fozzie

Post by fozzie »

chipnchase wrote:Who let the Tigers out, oh oh oh

(to the tune of who let the dogs out)
Basic easy to remember, jobs a good'un!
don't you mean "who let the Welsh in?"
I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
cornerboy
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cornerboy »

Some observations from across the sea if I may.

Someone suggested Land of Hope & Glory fine. Learn 2-4 lines, get it right and repeat it.
Munster sing "the fields of athenry" all 4 lines of the corus and no more.

Someone suggested song sheets, great idea. For last years HEC final the Munster supporters club had business card type souveniers printed. On one side was the words of the corus to "Stand up and fight" on the other side the 4 lines of "the Fields....". They gave thosands of them out outside the ground. Worked great and a lovely momento, I still carry it in my wallet.
Good luck.