Heard on the terrace yesterday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Heard on the terrace yesterday

Post by Rizzo »

"Look at that! Jason White just cost us three points!"

"I wish I was sitting down" (said whilst texting mates)

(these were two different people btw)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Vic

Post by Vic »

Ah! Those who aren't as fortunate as we are.

I get a little annoyed by people who say "who's he?" as Geordan Murphy walks past.

There's a boy near where we stand, who watches his MP4 player for the whole match (Top Gear according to my husband). Oooh, and there are the girls who for one match chatted on the front WITH THEIR BACKS TO THE PITCH for the whole match! Literally, the whole match. Grrrrr.
Headers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Headers »

we need more new people lke that and what a game for there first one COME ON !!!!!!
is growing bonsai a big thing
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

To top it all yesterday durnig half time from the terrace near us came

"oh so that's what that Martin Johnson bloke looks like!!!"
Come on Tigers!!!
shoppers
Tiger Cub

Post by shoppers »

Think yourselves lucky you didn't have the drunken idiot stood behind you that I did. He spent the last 15 mins commentating loudly and was wholly dismissive of anything Tigers tried to do.

It was clear he wasn't even a fan from his "Come on Wasps" shouts and he was quite simply the most irritating and obnoxious individual I've ever encountered at WR.

Funnily enough he disappeared at the final whistle.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I'm all for encouraging newbies into the sport, and explaining what is what so they can follow the game - but I do kind of :roll: when I see someone wearing a Tigers shirt asking "is he one of ours?" as a Tigers player runs past, likewise I do get irritated by those who attend and spend the entire game either texting, standing with their backs to the pitch/not watching etc. I mean, why atttend if you're so obviously not interested? Seems daft to me, if I wasn't that interested in something I'd rather do something else....
but then I'm an old fogey :lol:

Have to admit the Jason White comment made us all splutter and laugh - I think we'd have noticed if he'd signed for us!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

i have started taking my girlfriend to the rugby this season and i think she has been to 4-5 games. she still doesn't understand the rules but loves it. has got tigers top and scarf. she's not quite as vocal as me but she's learning.
she loved the atmosphere yesterday and will be making the pilgramage to twickers this year (hopefully 3 times)
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I'd be rather chuffed if we had managed to sign Jason White... Perhaps Sale would swap him for Julian Robinson!
fatbast

Post by fatbast »

I felt quite sorry for a lass near me yesterday, she was stood directly to my right on the terrace and was with her partner, he was lost in the game but she, being maybe 5' at a pinch, obviously couldn't see a thing, she spent the entire game looking at anything other than the pitch and didn't open her mouth once, i don't think the word 'bored' could sum it up, i couldn't help thinking what a waste of a ticket it was.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
noakesdoc

Post by noakesdoc »

As you spent all game obviously watching her, was your ticket any less of a waste!! :lol:
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

It never ceases to amaze me how many people pay to go to a match and then hardly watch. Last season at Bath 2 blokes sat in front of us and hardly ever looked at the game, they just talked. At Wuss a few weeks ago there were a bunch of people on some sort of "party" session and they didn't watch much. :lol:
AV8TOR

Post by AV8TOR »

Frequently amazed that they allow 3 blokes ONTO the pitch that never seem to be watching the same game as us.

Anybody else ever noticed them , often wearing bright yellow or red & black striped shirts?
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend.
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

:lol: Nice one.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
fatbast

Post by fatbast »

noakesdoc wrote:As you spent all game obviously watching her, was your ticket any less of a waste!! :lol:
Lol good point! Actually i couldn't help but keep looking at her, i kept poking her with my flagpole and having to aplogise, i reckon the poking was the highlight of the day for her...if anyone needs me i'll be stood in the corner chuckling like a small boy... :lol:
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.