HIPKISS & MURPHY

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

HIPKISS & MURPHY

Post by smalldell »

Thought he was great today ho one couldput him down and he was everywhere.

Murphy..bodlanguage was poor and he played poorly..clearly has been affected by his recent treatment by O'Sullivan
SimW

Post by SimW »

I have been critical of Hipkiss in the past but he's really playing very well.

I'm sure Geordan will be back to his best after a few proper training sessions...
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Agreed. EOS has been playing politics with him. In out in out does not describe his running lines but his treatment by EOS!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

It will show next week when Stade come to town. DH has had the best season so far. GM will have to show his stuff ala Munster next week too. I am sure he will. being pratted about by EOS must be demoralising for any player - at least he will know that he is playing for a team that appreciates him.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

he is indeed!!! And a coach who does too!
LadyRugger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LadyRugger »

hipkiss was definatly a vital part of leicester's win today, no doubt about it
I need a hero, I'm holding our for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight - I neeeeeeed one!!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

He had a splendid game!! Be fascinating to see how he gells with Mauger!!!
LadyRugger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LadyRugger »

Moody was lookin fine too... ;o)

He was a bit sloppy, but what do you expect after 7 weeks out:?:
I need a hero, I'm holding our for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight - I neeeeeeed one!!!
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

Hipkiss played well, aiding in the set up of Tuilagi's try with a nice little pass, and supporting well for his own score - there were a couple of occassions of sticky hands from him, and i think that is perhaps one of the things that might be keeping him out of any of the England (Saxons and 1st XV) setups.

Imo, Murphy had a bit of a 'mare. His attempted tackle on Chabal was ludicrous - at school rugby training many years ago our fullback was wholeheartedly :censored: by the coach for that kind of thing, and it wasn't even a competitive game - Murphy is a professional for God's sake. Arguably he's been mucked about by EOS, but that's not really a valid excuse - if he was that psychologically messed up by that then he shouldn't have been selected.

Tuilagi deserved MoTM, thought Moody looked pretty good given his injury, but i thought the forwards as a whole looked a bit tired - they certainly didn't dominate as the Radio Leicester buildup suggested they might. Holford certainly didn't hold up well against Sheridan, but i think we all suspected that his selection might be touch and go, at least in terms of him starting over Moreno.

Anyway. critique over, i guess the important thing is that we won, even though we played badly. My concern is that if we play that badly against Ospreys or Stade we'll get beaten and beaten badly.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Danny is arguably the form centre in the Prem. I think his game has improved massively this season and he is becoming more aware of when to pass and when to run etc. There is no doubt that playing with Darryl Gibson has helped him greatly - Gibbo is such a good player, I really hope he is still here next season because we need him.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Bill W wrote:He had a splendid game!! Be fascinating to see how he gells with Mauger!!!
I think Mauger and Hipkiss will be a superb combination. Hipkiss was excellent yesterday, and I'm not really sure why he doesn't seem to be on England's radar.

Dan was one of the relatively few bright spots (Alex T and Louis Deacon being the other two standouts) in a pretty indifferent performance.

As for Geordie, I'm afraid he was poor. Still, class is permanent and all that, and I'd back him to sort himself out for Stade.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I think daily because Dan runs off people and England have no one for him to run off. Which is why his combination with Mauger could be so explosive.

Geordan, alas, was anticipating the overhead pass!!

But as you say, class is permanent!!

Three finals and three trophies?
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

if i were a betting man (i'm not...i'm a student, i can't afford it :oP ), i'd probably go 3 for 2. I can see us winning the EDF and the GP, but i think that to do that plus the HC might be a bridge too far. That said, when the boys prove me wrong, i'll be well chuffed!!
On the subject of the HC, anyone know anything more about the French clubs and their participation in next years tournament?
Luke
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luke »

Hipkiss is having an amazing season. He does take the ball into contact a lot rather than passing (as has always been the observation), but... he is so strong on his feet that he consistently makes an extra 5 or 10 yards nearly every time. He is a great talent who will surely only get better with Mauger on the way.

As for Murphy, not a good day at the office, but we will stick by him through thick and thin, not dump him at the soonest opportunity.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Hipkiss just gets better - his power in the tackle for such a small man is amazing - he stays on his feet and gives his forwards a target to drive and nowadays very rarely loses the ball in contact.

As for Geordan - we all know his talents but you have to say, you can see why EOs does not pick him - too often he waves players through close to the line - He's done it for Tigers Ireland and Lions - You cannot afford that type of defence at international level - You cannot question his bravery under the high ball burt he does not like the head on tackle especially v the big men