Ebay!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiger Lily

Ebay!

Post by Tiger Lily »

noticed whilst surfing ebay (as ya do) tickets for Stade match up for grabs.........
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

you mean there are people out there trying to make a profit from tickets to a sold out sporting event buy auctioning them to desperate fans? surely not! this is unheard of! ;o)

at least I have MY ticket this time, unlike the munster game :cry:
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
Frustrated player

Post by Frustrated player »

I have to work for both but have the weekend free for the final just in case
The terrace is not the place for the too easily offended.
HongKongTiger

Post by HongKongTiger »

why go on ebay :?: I thought there were tickets available :?:
The South Stand Rocks !
:smt038
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

HongKongTiger wrote:why go on ebay :?: I thought there were tickets available :?:
sold out now... or it was yesterday strange this person got given them as a prsent but now is loking for profit... people will pay what they thinks its worth though upto the club to police this type of situation
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

If people really wanted to go and are available to they would have brought their tickets ages ago when they were available for any tigers fans to buy. Surely they wont go for much. :o?
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
James

Post by James »

It is perfectly valid for the person to go ahead and sell their tickets if they are unable to go. Tickets have been available for a long time now and those who want to go have had ample time to secure as many tickets as they wish.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

No, it is NOT "perfectly valid" for them to re-sell these tickets James!

It is against the T&Cs of the tickets, is against club policy and, if the club is able to identify the seller, they will lose their ST and probably be banned from buying Tigers tickets again in the future.
James

Post by James »

And what would you do if you were unable to go David? The seller may not know directly any individuals who want to go to the game.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

I would either list them on ebay with a Buy-It-Now price of the face value (allowed under the ticket's T&Cs) or return them to the club for re-sale.

The seller is clearly intending to make a profit from the sale of these tickets as they specifically waited until the game was officially a sell-out before listing them.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I'd approach the Club ticket office first as they may have a waiting list of people wanting tickets, if that wasn't suitable, I would try the Viagogo link as these are tickets for a game which is sold out.

Failing that I would offer them with all payments going to Matt Hampson Trust.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

As the ebay seller I have found appears to have a history of selling rugby tickets (mainly Wales International tickets) then I fully expect that the excuse that they were "given them as a present" is rubbish.

Quite simply they are a ticket tout and NOT a genuine fan who has found themselves in an unfortunate position.
James

Post by James »

Point taken on 'buy it now' option Dave. Much more palatable.

However, Rizzo's idea to donate the money to charity would get my vote. Nobody should object to that were a seller looking to do a good deed.

Tigers might also want to make charitable donations (they may already do so, I'm not sure) from the additional monies it makes from selling International tickets as part of a corporate package instead of to the membership. Just a thought..