docked a point

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Sorry but this is a complete cock up by the Tigers management and/or coaches. No if's, no but's and no excuses.

Whatever the mitigating circumstances of internationals, player development etc, as a professional club they should know the rules and if there is any grey area then they should clarify the situation before the team is announced.

I think we should count ourselves lucky we only lost one point here.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

How :censored: idiotic and incompetant this club is. :mad:

They can't get the basics right on the pitch and they can't get them right off it. :evil:

Stupid, just so :censored: stupid. :mad:
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

same old leicester, always cheating :evil:

no doubt someone somewhere will have had a rocket for this, but mistakes happen and at least you only lost a point, which in reality is not likely to make a great deal of difference to your league position.

at a different level, earlier in the season, one of the guys at biggleswade was telling me they had 5 points deducted for fielding an ineligible player.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I agree with G. An utter shambles. How on earth did this happen?

It has tainted Tigers and left them with bad publicity.

We are lucky to get away with just one point deducted. More points could have seen us most likely miss out on a home semi.

I cannot believe that somebody could have overseen that Humphs was with Leeds and made sure that the paperwork was undertaken properly.

WE now need 15 points for qualification for the pay-offs.

:mad: :mad:
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

But are political games being played?

RFU wishes to encourage Premiership teams to "share" their players with teams of the lower divisions. But then makes in difficult for them to do so.

Read the Tigers announcement carefully!!
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

tigerman wrote:well i dare say we know the rules, so in my book no excuse
Spot on. No complaints, accept it, and move on. We are still top of the table, no massive harm done.

Next game please. :)
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

simon redshaw wrote:
WE now need 15 points for qualification for the pay-offs.

:mad: :mad:
freudian slip or political point? you decide ;o)
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Actually it seems to be two points, one for each match, from what I can see looking at the GP table. I can see us being third or fourth by the end of April. I am just so :angry:
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I am not sure I understand any of that arithmetic.

Let's just beat Bath - with a try bonus point please? And then onto the next Match!!
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

Bill W wrote: Let's just beat Bath - with a try bonus point please? And then onto the next Match!!
Indeed, if this were a match, the ref has made his decision, onto the next set piece please.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Yes, there is a bit of confusion here. We 'were' on 58 points, the BBC now show us as 57 points but the GP site and the Tigers' site clearly shows us as 56 points.

All the articles refer to us being deducted 1 point, but that is such a token figure that 1 point per game (and there were two) seems possible.

I suppose we await clarification.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I feel that whoever has made this mistake should apologise to us fans as not only has their action tainted the image of the club but they have potentially jeopardised our position in the final table.

We as fans are relying on the club to get these matters right and act in a proper manner and it seems from this case and the Darren Morris one that they can't necessarily do that. It isn't good enough. There also needs to be a throrough review of the administration procedures within the club on such matters to prevent it happening again. :!: :!:

I get the impression that there are maybe grey areas in the RFU's rules on this and they need to be tightened. Also, there should be a uniform penalty across the board, as some clubs could argue that others are getting away with lenient punishments.

I don't think it will be worth Tigers appealing. They could well end up with a worse punishment. They must now get these things right and undertake a good public relations exercise.

We aren't the only club to be tainted in some way in recent times. I believe Northampton and one or two other clubs had problems with tickets being sold on the black market for something and have been censored too.
scuff

Post by scuff »

So does this now mean we will be awarded 3 extra points which we lost from Gloucester because the ref didnt do his job properly and go to the tmo.!!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

Boondock .......watch out you don't do it in Div 1 next year 8o)
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The point deducted...Varndell's "try" last week...things are really going against us, which in a way I'm happy about, because it brings the club closer and the players come together more in adversity. This could have a positive effect on the rest of our season. Add into the pot that the players desperately want to win something for Pat Howard before he leaves - I think we're in good shape for the battles to come. :oD