Saints Game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Saints Game

Post by Smudge »

Tigers Top V Second bottom Saints AT HOME!
You could have put your house on a home win.
So why did we loose? After all that time? Please don't give us any guff about any team being able to beat any other in the Premiership. There is a bad smell about that result.
I can only ask the question, Were we doing them a favour? That seems to be the acepted view of my Tiger supporting exile friends in the south.
Forgive this heresy but I bet a few back in Leicester are thinking it too.
As one of my chums put it, nevr bet on anything that can talk.

(Please don't ban me from this now, I am only articulating the thoughts of many)
A life long Tiger
noakesdoc

Post by noakesdoc »

I am not quite sure what you are saying.
Is it that we
1. let them win to relegate Wuss.
2. let them win to lose our unbeaten home record on TV so the other premiership teams send weakend sides forthe rest of the season to Welford road thinking they are gonna win.
3. let them win so an eastern consortium will take us over following a huge dodgy bet and rebuild Welford RD.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Saints Match

Post by voice of the crumbie »

We played badly. Probably too complacent. Something we've been guilty of before. No more, no less than that.

If it had been a must win game I think we would have played a lot better. With the play off system you can afford to lose the odd game and I think this effects the mentality of the players.

Hopefully the result is a much needed kick up the backside.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints Game

Post by dailywaffle »

Smudge wrote:Tigers Top V Second bottom Saints AT HOME!
You could have put your house on a home win.
So why did we loose? After all that time? Please don't give us any guff about any team being able to beat any other in the Premiership. There is a bad smell about that result.I can only ask the question, Were we doing them a favour? That seems to be the acepted view of my Tiger supporting exile friends in the south.
Forgive this heresy but I bet a few back in Leicester are thinking it too.
As one of my chums put it, nevr bet on anything that can talk.
(Please don't ban me from this now, I am only articulating the thoughts of many)
So, 'many' people thought the result was fixed ? We threw the game ?

It is accepted that, in team sports, the 'thrower' has to be a specific player. The goalkeeper in footy, and the placekicker in rugby.

So, lets get this straight. You are accusing Messrs Burke and/or Humphrey of deliberately missing their kicks ?

I trust that you have been in touch with the police and PRL with your suspicions. :roll:
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'll ignore this is a Wind Up Merchant / mischief maker. Not a clever allegation to make, particularly as it is completely without foundation.