Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PMTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

NOISE!!!!!

Post by PMTiger »

OR LACK OF IT.

At Worcester despite a reasonable contingent of supporters the vocal support was almost non existent.

Even at the home game following the victory against Munster the recpetion given to the team was dissapointing.

There was a time when the noise was deafening prior to the players emerging from the tunnel but now all that can be heard is clapping accompanying the music over the tannoy.

It is when the lads have their backs against the wall they need the support not when they have scored the fourth try, so lets turn up the volume for the remainder of the season and start to raise the roof again.
enjoy life to the full, it is not a practice run.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

You're obviously not where I'm standing in the terrace, PMTiger - the volume of noise after the Munster victory was deafening.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

We were in the Next stand for the Newcastle match, and the noise level was a tad disappointing. We did our best, but some people do just seem to regard making a noise as weird (you know, the sort who jump and look around in shock when you give vent to a good deep-throated rumbling "HEEEEEAAAVVVE").
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I've said it a few times before ..... the noise from the Crumbie doesn't carry that well to the other stands, and away from the Crumbie Welford Road is, dare I say it, quite a quiet place. Unfortunately.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

this is another thread that raises it's head periodically -

far too many quiet people in the ground and as I have pointed out on many occasions - we get no noise prior to the teams coming out because just as the crowd is building up a head of steam they turn on the ridiculous music and everyone stops - now, I think they know it's coming, so they just don't even bother starting -

The next stand clap along beautifully with the music however - that must be their idea of fun -....it ain't mine

Once again I make my plea - do away with the moronic music and let the crowd make the noise.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Then the answer must be that everyone has a turn in the terrace to experience the noise there :)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

You could always try sitting next to me, I make so much noise Mrs Sherpa feels she has to apologies to everyone within the block :lol:
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

the trouble at Wuss was we were separated around the ground somewhat. It seemed to me in the North stand there were about 20 of us, with a lot at the end of the East stand and a group in the South stand. At times, following the klaxon's lead, the noise wasn't bad. It was intersting to note that the noise from the Worriers lot was much less than last year and only reached any real level when they attacked in the last 2 minutes. :lol:
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I do stand in the terrace and from what you've said before Rizzo I am only about 20 yds from where you are - I stand behind the opposition dugout ( we like the banter with them) - but I still say there are too many quiet people in the ground particularly in the Next and A&L

Compare the noise we make to say The shed or Thormand park and we have about 4,000 more people in the ground we should be much louder
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

The noise from the Shed gives me goosebumps and I stand on the other side of the ground.

When I came to WR (way back when in Sept for Glaws match), there was definatly a lot of noise from the Terrace.
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
Sparkie

Post by Sparkie »

I know whats missing the noise levels have dropped since the professional era has stopped us singing "always look on the bright side of life" :D
The older I get the better I use to play.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I sit in the A&L.

A lot of the people fall in to two categories:

1) Quite old and very knowledgeable but look at you aghast if you get exceited.
2) Young, know absolutely beggar all about Rugby and only open their mouths to say something embarrassing.

And woe betide anyone who stands up to celebrate a try. Death by a thousand knitting needles.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

it's the age old problem...a lack of songs. i was in the north stand and there was an occasional roar of "tiiiiiigers" every know and then but mostly just random people shouting "come on tigers!!" when i watched the game on telly after the noise sounded quite loud but it wasn't really at all
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Will-T
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Will-T »

i think the noise at tigers is pretty good, considering the capacity is 16-17000. Ive been to a Man U match where the attendance was 60-70k, and the noise was less, honest. And the noise at the front of the A&L is superb, the noise everyone gave the players after the Munster match was brilliant! (although i hasten to add, that the noise at the Munster match at TP is never going to be matches IMO)
Hans Hullabaloo

Post by Hans Hullabaloo »

Kinoulton wrote:I sit in the A&L.

A lot of the people fall in to two categories:

1) Quite old and very knowledgeable but look at you aghast if you get exceited.
2) Young, know absolutely beggar all about Rugby and only open their mouths to say something embarrassing.
and the 3rd catergory, those surrounded by catergories 1/2 who dare not say anything to avoid looking like category 2 from category 1 but want to support their team as much as possible like catergory 4, who are surounded by fellow catergory 4's, so can do so.
"Everything You Know is Wrong"