Milan Mandaric

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Milan Mandaric

Post by POSTIGER »

Sorry to talk about the round-ball game on a rugby website but I am a fan of all the Leicester teams and wondered if anyone else had any reaction to Mandaric's takeover?

I have to say that I think it is a good thing and we desperately need the money. The man clearly loves his footy and seems to want to be here long term. I just wonder a little bit about his decision making. After all he employed Graham Rix and Alain Perrin as managers during his time at Pompey and the whole Redknapp / Mandaric / Southampton thing was a joke.

The other thing that worries me slightly is that if it wasn't for Alexandre Gaydamak buying him out Mandaric will have almost certainly got Pompey relegated again. It was only the money the new guy brought in that saved them.
wellbutthatcouldbe

Post by wellbutthatcouldbe »

First I'm just glad it's over: after 105 days no less.

Apart from that I broadly agree with you: we need the money, I like the "Premiership in three years" rhetoric, but as a Pompey fan on one of the City messageboards pointed out, Mandaric made just two good descisions in his time at Portsmouth: appointing Redknapp the first time, and appointing Redknapp the second time.
matt_j_12
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by matt_j_12 »

Im so glad the deals done and dusted, because its my home team. But id hate us to become another Chelsea. Id much rather he just sorted out the things upstairs, and gave the manager a small amount of money.

Maybe thats the way he is doing it, i cant comment as i havnt read into it enough to be honest.
breezer

Post by breezer »

agree matt - i want to see city do well as they are my home team club, and it does give teh pace a buzz when they (or any of our sporting teams) are doing well. But trying to be one of the big boys will not work - if we could be a Charlton (ore the current issues) then that would be good enough. But then, I have only seen them 3 times in 18 years of living in Leicester, so not really in a position to comment too much!
Always yield to temptation, It may never pass your way again!