Tigers V Argentina

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

The die was cast as most penalties awarded were kicked for line-outs.
Some good handling by the Pumas, some soft turnover ball by Tigers. An enjoyable afternoon with more excitement than viewed from the south stand yesterday!
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

The die was cast as most penalties awarded were kicked for line-outs.
Some good handling by the Pumas, some soft turnover ball by Tigers. An enjoyable afternoon with more excitement than viewed from the south stand yesterday!
Big Bad John
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Big Bad John »

Perhaps the Tigers management could send a video of Tom Crofts supporting runs to the England camp to show Brian Ashton and the two flankers who played for England on Saturday how to support the ball in open play!

Overall I think it was a good display form a young Tigers team. Admittedly there were lots of dissapointing errors that you would not expect from any Tigers team, but it could have been down to a higher paced, harder hitting game where both sides were keen to put on a good exhibition type show.

Thanks Argentina. And Thankyou Wiggy!!!!
Get Some Baby!
matt_j_12
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by matt_j_12 »

I got robbed of £19 today. They could of put a decent side out for that kind of money!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

matt_j_12 wrote:I got robbed of £19 today. They could of put a decent side out for that kind of money!
get over it - you were treated to some international stars playing the england stars of tomorrow - in what was a very enjoyable match to watch - i and three friends greatly enjoyed the game - and like to see the younger guys getting some game time. Would you like to know your £19 went into the development of the future players like the ones you saw today?
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

I have mixed emotions - I was hoping for a competitive game, with two well-matched sides, but alas, not to be and should have known better.
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

Agreed - it nwas a bit men against boys but its nice to get out during the 6 Nations. very impressed with the Stade contingent though , thats beginning to look one hell of a game.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Crumby wrote:Agreed - it nwas a bit men against boys but its nice to get out during the 6 Nations. very impressed with the Stade contingent though , thats beginning to look one hell of a game.
im quite happy we've got stade actually... its going to be hard at this stage in the competition - but my logic goes as follows:

tigers beat sale (without injuries) @ welford road
sale (with injuries) beat stade @ sale ground

so.... if logic does infact work - we should win, but hernandez is a force to be reckoned with... although geordan probably will cover those grubbers
mike_6
Tiger Cub

Post by mike_6 »

was it me or did varndell just not look interested at all? didnt think much of vesty at ten, impressed with hickie, croft, cornwell and smith. also leon looked good, in fact he looked a lot more intrested and seemed to work a lot harder than varndell.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

I'm not entirely sure who else they could have put out for Tigers - I have lost count of how many were on international duty for various teams over the previous 48 hours. Yes, a Tuilangi or two, & Ollie if he wasn't injured/elsewhere, but other than that, who else could we reasonably expect?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

mike_6 wrote:was it me or did varndell just not look interested at all? didnt think much of vesty at ten, impressed with hickie, croft, cornwell and smith. also leon looked good, in fact he looked a lot more intrested and seemed to work a lot harder than varndell.
when croft scored varndell did an awesome dummy switch recieve - to the point their 13 tackled him instead of croft! - i though he carried the ball well, and even scored.... each unto his own i guess...
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

I imagine TV must be wondering how many tried he needs to score to get another chance in a real white shirt...

His confidence suffered when he was shafted by the useless Andy Robinson (feel like I'm repeating myself as have just mentioned AR's treatment of Tait)

The best way to develop his defensive skills or increase his commitment level is to experience the togetherness that the England team always show. They may not produce the best performances, but they can not be faulted for effort, and that is something that TV needs to begin to appreciate. Give him another chance!
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Great :D especially the last!
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009