Brian ' the pit bull ' Moore

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Brian ' the pit bull ' Moore

Post by chappie »

Shame on him giving the man of the match to JW, was he really watching the same game? Harry played a blinder and from what the Pundits said it should have gone to Harry.

Maybe the BBC should think about replacing him with someone who is more upto date with the game.
Bring on one Mr Austin Healy, would love to hear the Leicester Lip chat all the way through a game. :lol:

Your thought's please. :)
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Yes, but Brian Moore's arguments with Eddie Butler are priceless!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I thought Harry Ellis had an amazing game, but so did JW. And when you consider the guy has been out for three years to come back and play like that is a remarkable achievement. Both guys played exceptionally well, and I would have probably given it to Harry (just) but I certainly don't begrudge Jonny the award.

Well done to the whole team I say.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Longshanks wrote:Yes, but Brian Moore's arguments with Eddie Butler are priceless!
Totally agree with you Longshanks, I think there should be a commentary box cam on BBCi - just in case they do get into a scrap one of these days! :D
rajwhite

Post by rajwhite »

I shudder to think what the two of them will be like by the time we get to Eng v Wales! We definitely need someone like Pitbull in the box alongside Eddie so he can tell him to stop talking nonsense! I generally find Eddie Butler a bit one-eyed in his commentary, but partner him with Brian Moore and you have 20/20 vision ;-)
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Re: Brian ' the pit bull ' Moore

Post by dailywaffle »

chappie wrote:Shame on him giving the man of the match to JW, was he really watching the same game? Harry played a blinder and from what the Pundits said it should have gone to Harry.

Maybe the BBC should think about replacing him with someone who is more upto date with the game.
Bring on one Mr Austin Healy, would love to hear the Leicester Lip chat all the way through a game. :lol:

Your thought's please. :)
I like Brian Moore ..... just the right mix of opinion, knowledge and buffoonery.

Austin should be good, but IMO he has yet to find his feet. To be honest, I cringe a bit when he comes on ..... trying too hard. He'd be better sat next to Jiffy having a laugh with him, rather than having noone to bounce off.
APM16

Post by APM16 »

rajwhite wrote: I generally find Eddie Butler a bit one-eyed in his commentary, but partner him with Brian Moore and you have 20/20 vision ;-)
Brian Moore :x is so myopic that I've always assumed he's watching through the bottom of his beer glass. At times it was hard to believe that there was anyone on the pitch other than Johny Wilkinson - Moore's was drooling so much :oops: . At half-time I switched to BBC Scotland on the Sky box, and still got Brian's Moor-onic :roll: commentary :twisted: .

I'll try BBC Northern Ireland for the Ireland-England match :?: and failing that look at the interactive options :idea: (Ref Link's infinitely preferable)

:?: anyone got any good ideas on how to turn the Mooreon/off :?:
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Still better than a Harrison/Barnes production on Sky!
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Sparkie

Post by Sparkie »

To my shame I have to confess to reading Moore's bit in the Telegraph and there he claimed that the reason he did not give man of the match to Harry was because Healey wanted him.
Can't believe that aunty beeb still thinks that Moore's inane raving constitutes informed comment.
Never mind Harry every one with any idea how rugby should be played thought you played a blinder.
:D
The older I get the better I use to play.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:Still better than a Harrison/Barnes production on Sky!
Marginally better on a good day! It's Will Chignell's commentary which gets my back up - very limited insight, full of the same cliches and a tendency to react like he's been electrocuted when something interesting happens.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Yeh! Don't quite understand that Jonny Wilkinson come on he was good for his comeback game but no way that good!

ELLIS ROCKED
apps

Post by apps »

well brain moore is another barnes in my eye's but it made my wife go fight figth figth when him & eddie where having a go at each other.

yes harry had one of the best game i seen him play in a long time but i think it's come from ba telling him to play the way he want to not like ar wanting him to play his way.

i off down to hq for the italy game then down tigers on sunday really looking forward to them both and so is my 4 year old son. as this will be my last home tigers game for a long time as i move away up north (well posted)
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

APM16 wrote:
rajwhite wrote: I generally find Eddie Butler a bit one-eyed in his commentary, but partner him with Brian Moore and you have 20/20 vision ;-)
Brian Moore :x is so myopic that I've always assumed he's watching through the bottom of his beer glass. At times it was hard to believe that there was anyone on the pitch other than Johny Wilkinson - Moore's was drooling so much :oops: . At half-time I switched to BBC Scotland on the Sky box, and still got Brian's Moor-onic :roll: commentary :twisted: .

I'll try BBC Northern Ireland for the Ireland-England match :?: and failing that look at the interactive options :idea: (Ref Link's infinitely preferable)

:?: anyone got any good ideas on how to turn the Mooreon/off :?:
its called the mute button? just a guess... and as previously said by apm16.. they are both myopic... so 2 myopics make 20/20 vision.... i can't believe people are getting so wound up about mooreo... he's english he is allowed to be myopic as is the little whinie voice of mr davies.... just chill out or press the mute button....
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
scouse tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scouse tiger »

I thought Brian Moore's observations on what was going on in the front row of scrums were excellent, he spotted things well before the ref penalised it.
My Wild Oats Have turned to Shredded Wheat
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

Moore is a disaster. He is blatently pro-English, and much like Nigel Redman on Sky, it's always how England or English sides are cheated, rather than a piece of magic.

Too often, he says "I'm sorry, but........." you know he's about to produce another opinion based, rather than fact based argument.

At least here we can listen to RTE commentary. Although, anyone who has heard Ryle Nugent, will know it's a tough call between him and Moore.

Barnes and Harrison are ok, but a little patronising.

WILL CHIGNALL IS THE WORST COMMENTATOR IN HISTORY

^ The only man on tv who says "quite sensational". Listen Chiggers, it's either sensational, or not. It can't be quite.

Anyone else agree that the best rugby pundit on tv is Paul Wallace? I really enjoy his analysis. He knows exactly what he'd talking about