Team to face Falcons????

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Team to face Falcons ????

Post by mike »

We seem to be taking this game a bit lightly - bench is good but a very similar back division to this was murdered by Falcons 3 weeks ago . Then the midfield of Goode and Vesty was shredded at will and I hope the Burke /Vesty pairing doesn't suffer the same fate .
stevietig
Tiger Cub

Post by stevietig »

Where are Moreno , Abrahams and Gibson ? We should be keeping them match fit in case our '1st XV' have injuries.
The half backs are a bit light weight but we make up for it with the Big Backs.
Tigers are No 1 !!!!!!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

I hope this is good enough. The absence of Gibbo and with Burke playing worries me. :lol:
fatbast

Post by fatbast »

At first glance i wasn't happy with the side but i think it's got good balance to it, there are a few guys with a point to prove in there and some decent pace too, i'm a little nervous about Seru at Centre because, for me at least, he looks for too many big hits, they're great when they come off but a lot of times they don't and it leaves a huge hole when he misses his man.

With my England hat on i hope Wilko gets on and survives to fight another day, it's time the lad caught a break (and i don't mean a limb) i'll be giving him a wee cheer regardless of the outcome.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Wigstontiger

Post by Wigstontiger »

We won't get to the Twickenham finals if we keep putting out teams like this!! I hope I'm wrong but I can't see us winning. We don't seem to have learned a lesson from the away game.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

I have every faith in this team... not our 1st 8 in the pack but 5 or them would be first choice in most premiership sides and certainly Newcastles - Ayerza,Kay,Hamilton,Jennings, Crane... and the other 3 not far behind. I agree the backs are weaker but good enough.. Newcastle have to get the ball first ... and our bench is very strong should it be necessary.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I reckon that if it is going a bit pear shaped by half time then within 10 mins of the kick off the team will be transformed. The bench contains all the elements to plug any gaps that might appear in the starting line up. In fact, if the bench was in the starting lineup there should be no problem despite the poor showing in the away game. Mind you I thought we would win that one. Back to the cliche, it all depends who turns up.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

We will win - we are the Tigers - we are at Fortress WR

Have faith - Believe!!
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Tom Tom wrote:Our team does not look good enough to me. :(

Hope i'm wrong :!: :?
I'm in the same boat as you mate! Hope it's not a case of after teh lord mayor's show!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"