Some Season Tickets more equal than others?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Rizzo - Maybe but they will still be there won't they? Meanwhile the members ticket allocation is cut down to zero.

Don't have any sympathy with the Directors and Management at all on this issue they should have sorted out the problem regarding ground capacity/dvelopment ages ago. I regard their approach as timid and indeciscive.

It's been one excuse after another. First the buying of the land from the council. Then the wasted negotiations over Walkers groundshare now the uncertainity over the RFU proposals. What will be the next excuse I wonder?

Sorry for the rant but this issue really gets me annoyed.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Prol wrote:Yes, I think the £30-£40 price differential reflects the fact that 'full' season tickets include HC pool games. But I was definately under the impression this was the only difference, i.e. when it came to the knock-out stages all season ticket holders were in with a chance of getting tickets (albeit that not everyone would get one). If this is not the case, then this has only changed recently - if you look back to last years announcement for the bath game (http://www.tigers.co.uk/29_5023.php) there are only 'season ticket holders' there is no differential mentioned in relation to obtaining knock-out tickets. I think the notion of 'full' season tickets (in relation to HC knock-out phase) is a distinction invented this year.
Not true - the 'distinction' arose after the Munster Q/F a few years ago when a number of full season ticket holders were asked to volunteer to see the match on a big screen in a marquee in the car park, and sacrifice their seats to Munster supporters. I was one of those who did that, and much as I love Tigers, will leave that privilege to somebody else next time.

It was in order to prevent such a situation happening again that the GP tickets were invented, where away club allocations are usually around 500 tickets.

Hope this clarifies things for some people.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

gkbradley wrote:It's been one excuse after another. First the buying of the land from the council. Then the wasted negotiations over Walkers groundshare now the uncertainity over the RFU proposals. What will be the next excuse I wonder?

I have it on good authority that the next excuse will be "lack of suitable carparking".
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Dave Angel wrote:
gkbradley wrote:It's been one excuse after another. First the buying of the land from the council. Then the wasted negotiations over Walkers groundshare now the uncertainity over the RFU proposals. What will be the next excuse I wonder?

I have it on good authority that the next excuse will be "lack of suitable carparking".
:lol:

Yet again, the current Welford Road is demonstrably not 'fit for purpose'. I know that the usual response is 'well, there is nothing new to report' but in light of the 1/4 final problems I would hope that the club would make a full statement on the ground redevelopment as soon as possible. Hopefully very soon, given the possibility of 'peace in our time' with the RFU.
Shogun
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Shogun »

since for games like this the number of full season tickets is capped at 75%.

Not exactly true ...

The capping for "full" season tickets must be over the 75% of the available capacity.

If it was 75% then we would not have had the unneccesary panic to get tickets before they ran out this morning.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Dave Angel wrote:

No change there then!