"Leicester fan" took 750Euro for a pair of tickets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bigbob

"Leicester fan" took 750Euro for a pair of tickets

Post by bigbob »

Lowest point of the weekend in Limerick.

There were two references in Irish papers on Monday and Tuesday about the demand for tickets for the match reaching 1000Euro, and that a "Leicester fan" got 750Euro for a pair of tickets outside the ground!! :( :(

Any true Tigers fan shouldn't have had a "spare" pair of tickets. If in the unlikliest of cases this was an unavoidable situation, then the "fan" could have made a friend for life in any Limerick bar out of a Leicester or Munster fan by selling at face value.

I guess I live in a dream world where we can maintain principles of fairness to others over selfish profitering. :( :( But it makes me angry that a pair of "Leicester fans" have just had a "free" weekend in Limerick. Maybe this individual is unemployed, on the bread line and couldn't afford to pay next months mortgage without a little "necessary" profitering .... but somehow we all know it's the kind of person who is already well off and who will boast about it ... and do it again!! :(

If anyone has information leading to the outing of "Leicester Fans" offering tickets outside Thomand Park on such a special evening, maybe we could ban them from Welford Road for life !!!:(

...... any takers ????

Alternatively an annonomous donation to Matt Hampson trust of c£500 would be appreciated. :D
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: "Leicester fan" took 750Euro for a pair of tic

Post by unohoo »

bigbob wrote:Alternatively an annonomous donation to Matt Hampson trust of c£500 would be appreciated. :D
How do you know they haven't already?
Firesafetydave

Re: "Leicester fan" took 750Euro for a pair of tic

Post by Firesafetydave »

bigbob wrote:If in the unlikliest of cases this was an unavoidable situation, then the "fan" could have made a friend for life in any Limerick bar out of a Leicester or Munster fan by selling at face value.
Myself and a friend were both in the waiting list for the Munster match and buy two when we are called - well we both seem to have been called at about the same time, so we ended up with 2 each. At Heathrow we were walking to our gate when an Irishman, almost on automatic pilot, asked if we had spare tickets... you should have seen his face when we said, "well actually, yes!" We sold them for face value, and he offered to give us a lift from the airport to our hotel and from the hotel to the game, but I think he would have done much more if we had asked!
Te audire no possum. Musa sapienum fixa est in aura.
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

750 Euro a pair?

Is that all?!?

The most I was offered was 500 pounds for a single ticket outside the ground!

In the end, I did end up with a spare ticket on the day but I sold it on for face value to someone else as I can't stand touts!
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

How did you end up with a spare ticket on the day TJ - did you accidently leave the wife at the airport..?? :lol: :wink:
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

Not quite.

I had tickets for 2 of the supporters club coach drivers but one didn't want to go to the game in the end so I had that ticket left over.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

tjs10 wrote:but one didn't want to go to the game in the end
:shock: :shock: :shock:
guesty87

Post by guesty87 »

i arrived in limerick 10pm friday night, by 11pm i was showered and changed and into my 1st pub of the weekend in limerick, flannery's. i.e the hooker of munsters bar. (or his cousins.)
i got asked if i had a ticket i replied yes thank you. and i got offered to name my price for my ticket and it would be matched. i politely laughed and said on yer bike. would not have sold it for the world like i did not sell my 2002 ticket in cardiff. i know people tigers fans wanting tickets and if i could not have made it would have passed it on for some one else's fortune that i know. it is a big shame that people made money on tickets which was a memorable game! i seen 1 tout outside the ground i feel most the touting was done in the week and around limerick it self.
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

the most ive ever been offered was 1000euro for two tickets for the ireland england game in 2005. didnt sell them.

the most i ever paid was only 100euro for quarter final ticket against stade francais.

greatest respect to those who were not tempted by the vasts amounts of money!! fair play! :wink:
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!