H Cup Final Ticket Worry

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

H Cup Final Ticket Worry

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

According to the ERC website they've sold 48K tickets for the final in May.

Given that the increased capacity at HQ is now 82K that only leaves 34K left. IMHO This isn't leaving many tickets for the two finalists.Didn't we get 20K tickets for the 2002 final?

Now either the organisers are hoping that there's going to be a French team in the final because they won't bring many supporters so there'll be more tickets to go around or there's going to be some very disappointed fans of the finalists.

On the other hand the tickets may have been bought by confident Tigers & Munster supporters who are going to be disappointed by the end of April.

I think I might need to book tickets in advance and go anyway, even if we don't get to the final, and watch the premiership final down the pub.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
scuff

Post by scuff »

Yes the 2 finalists only get 20,000 each which means theres only 4,000 tickets left
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

I bought 8 tickets months ago. 8 of us go every year regardless of who is in the final. Its a great weekend away. Just get the tickets and go and enjoy yourself. If the Tigers make the final then it is a bonus!
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Actually, the two finalists get 15,000 each, not 20,000.

Therefore there are 14,000 still available for neutrals
kazza402k

Ticket worry

Post by kazza402k »

I agree with others, we go to Heineken cup final every year and buy tickets as soon as they are released and book accomodation as well to get best deals, its a great rugby weekend and yes if Tigers are there then its even better!!!
scuff

Post by scuff »

It says 20,000 on the wbsite.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I've been to the last 7 finals, have bought as soon as they've gone on sale for last 4 and have already got ticket for this year. At Cardiff in May there was a block of empty seats near me, who knows who bought those! I was given a Munster flag as I went in ground, presumably because I didn't look French.
moke69
Tiger Cub

HC Final tickets

Post by moke69 »

Was a bit worried about the number of tickets left so went to the ticketmaster site.

Only £60 tickets left

NONE in WEST STAND
North lower level behind posts
South middle level behind posts
East upper level on the 10M line

Think I will wait and see after the QF or get mine from the club.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Ignore the ticketmaster site as a guide to what is left.

Usually they only release tickets on to there in batches. They wait until one batch has full sold out before releasing another one soon afterwards.

It helps to ensure that odd seats aren't left over & that they can sell the worst seats first by pretending hat supply is very limited.
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

keep meaning to get my tickets, but my exams start a week later this year so they might not be over......... hmmmmm... what to do what to do!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!