A word from a Liverpool/tigers fan

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

swadtiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

A word from a Liverpool/tigers fan

Post by swadtiger »

Have just spent 30 mins reading the post from the LCFC fan on this forum. I started supporting tigers soetime around the millenium.....a great deal of us have come to this sport this decade. Prior to this i was red having lived up there for 7 years...as the subject sugests.

I have felt misrepresented by football since the invasion of overseas players and theatrical gamesmanship took center stage.

This saturday...i enjoyed the Chelsea game....never miss them on TV...but the later game at Munster meant so much more to me.....

Why....those 15 men dripped every last ounce of effort for the fans, club...and the game. That dosent seem to fit the modern game of soccer any more....you cant get physical....you can muscle or boss the game anymore.....money is in and hard graft is out!!!!

Its a shame but football is eating itself from the inside out and the great unwashed have made it that way.....they wanted more money for better players...win at all costs....sod the little clubs....and they are prepared to spend their last penny on tickets and SKY....that money has wrecked the game....

Lesson for Rugby? YES !!!!!!
whitetiger
Tiger Cub

Post by whitetiger »

I am in a similar position to swadtiger, i was born in north east and have been a Sunderland fan all my life, even though i played rugby at school football was always my first sport, but not now, i still take an interest in football. I have been a season ticket holder at the tigers for 7 years now and the atmosphere,banter with the away fans on the crumbie terrace is second to none, not to mention the ale i sup afterwards hic hic and long may in continue.....also...IF found guilty then Trevor Brennan should be banned for life, that must never happen again or we may end up a slippery slope towards football.
swadtiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by swadtiger »

I spend a fair bit of time up there in the north east (cramlington) myself, my girlfreind beeing fan of the falcons i get to see them play. Infact i half them all down on saturday....