Bourgoin Vs Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Shedman

Post by Shedman »

i admit that that ref gave us absolutely everything.

jutge will give us everything too. he always does !
Shedman is gone. Shedman is gone
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Moose wrote:anyone think Munster might put out a 'second team' to save their first choice players for the next round?
i suggested this ages ago and was shot down by a hail of red-tinted arrows. however, i doubt they will, they will wnat the best draw possible seeing as its the only competition they take seriously. but they'll put all of their best players out, and then leamy will get sent off, o'gara will break his leg in a tackle by rabeni, o'callaghan will just collapse under the exhaustion of scrummaging against us - and then all will be complete when lightening strikes the remaining mumster-men and they are forced to pull out due to lack of players.
johndoe64
Tiger Cub

Post by johndoe64 »

suggested this ages ago and was shot down by a hail of red-tinted arrows. however, i doubt they will, they will wnat the best draw possible seeing as its the only competition they take seriously. but they'll put all of their best players out, and then leamy will get sent off, o'gara will break his leg in a tackle by rabeni, o'callaghan will just collapse under the exhaustion of scrummaging against us - and then all will be complete when lightening strikes the remaining mumster-men and they are forced to pull out due to lack of players.

Possibly the only way ye will win in TP on sat! :D :D :D :D
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Shedman wrote:i admit that that ref gave us absolutely everything.

Would that be the same Jutge that missed the hand of Back?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Haha yes I had forgotten it was him Dai. Brilliant!
who?
Tiger Cub

Post by who? »

Well, except for Finau's knock-on in tackling Horan in the lead up to one of the tries...
And a possible double movement (or more accurately a 'failure to place the ball immediately') for another..
Or a failure to give a yellow card for the knees into the back of O'Callaghan..

:D
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

who? wrote:

Well, except for Finau's knock-on in tackling Horan in the lead up to one of the tries...
And a possible double movement (or more accurately a 'failure to place the ball immediately') for another..
Or a failure to give a yellow card for the knees into the back of O'Callaghan..

:D
Finau's knock on - The ball was smashed loose in the tackle. This is not a knock on by Finau, as Horan was in possession of the ball, so no problem.
The Munster players, for some bizarre reason, tried to keep the player rolling, maybe trying to get him into touch. As the move had not finished, he could still legitimately place the ball, so no problem.
Did not see the kneeing incident.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

I agree - it wasn't a double movement. He was clearly taken by momentum over the line due to a bizarre grapple from the second munster tackler creating the roll - frenchman's knack to get the ball down was also quality.
who?
Tiger Cub

Post by who? »

unohoo wrote: Finau's knock on - The ball was smashed loose in the tackle. This is not a knock on by Finau, as Horan was in possession of the ball, so no problem.
It seemed to me Finau's left arm knocked it out of Horans grasp, hence the knock on.
unohoo wrote: The Munster players, for some bizarre reason, tried to keep the player rolling, maybe trying to get him into touch. As the move had not finished, he could still legitimately place the ball, so no problem.
Nevertheless, the player is required to place the ball immediately when tackled, not roll, roll, place.
unohoo wrote: Did not see the kneeing incident.
Occurred early in the first half, ref gave the guy a fairly stern talking to.

I'm not saying any of these decisions was certainly wrong; I'd just dispute that every decision went Munster's way. :wink: