England Squad

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

England Squad

Post by bc »

Vickery capt and Jason Robinson returns which clearly demonstrates an eye for the future!
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Andy Farrell in squad + London Irish fly-half Shane Geraghty, Wasps flanker Tom Rees and Bristol forward Dan Ward-Smith. Only new names announced so far!

Good news is Dayglo is not either senior or A squads.
Lufbratiger

Post by Lufbratiger »

No Dallaglio either, dropped from England 'A' too :lol: !!! Good to see Robbo back, at last someone who can beat the opposition one on one! (as long as he doesn't kick to much!!) couple of new faces too including Andy Farell.........
Remember that you are a Tigers fan,and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"
DG
Tiger Cub

Post by DG »

Hate to say it but i agree with both - and the inclusion of Catt. Think we need to step back and get some wise heads/decision makers in there to help the young blood come through. Corry, sad as it is to say, had his time, and though not his fault necessarily, was an obvious cull!

Suprised to see Barkley, Cohen, Forrester, J S-D, TV, Forrester and Jones only in the Saxons.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Full details:
Forwards: Alex Brown (Gloucester Rugby), George Chuter (Leicester Tigers), Martin Corry (Leicester Tigers), Louis Deacon (Leicester Tigers), Perry Freshwater (Perpignan), Danny Grewcock (Bath Rugby), Magnus Lund (Sale Sharks), Lee Mears (Bath Rugby), Lewis Moody (Leicester Tigers), Tim Payne (London Wasps), Tom Palmer (London Wasps), Tom Rees (London Wasps), Steve Thompson (Northampton Saints), Phil Vickery (capt, London Wasps), Dan Ward-Smith (Bristol Rugby), Julian White (Leicester Tigers), Joe Worsley (London Wasps).

Backs: Iain Balshaw (Gloucester Rugby), Mike Catt (London Irish), Mark Cueto (Sale Sharks), Harry Ellis (Leicester Tigers), Andy Farrell (Saracens), Toby Flood (Newcastle Falcons), Shane Geraghty (London Irish), Josh Lewsey (London Wasps), Jamie Noon (Newcastle Falcons), Shaun Perry (Bristol Rugby), Jason Robinson (Sale Sharks), Peter Richards (Gloucester Rugby), Paul Sackey (London Wasps), Mathew Tait (Newcastle Falcons), Mike Tindall (Gloucester Rugby), Jonny Wilkinson (Newcastle Falcons).

England Saxons squad

Forwards: Alex Clarke (Bristol Rugby), Steve Borthwick (Bath Rugby), Chris Brooker (Bath Rugby), Jordan Crane (Leicester Tigers), Nick Easter (NEC Harlequins), James Forrester (Gloucester Rugby), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), James Haskell (London Wasps), Richard Hill (Saracens), Chris Jones (Sale Sharks), Ben Kay (Leicester Tigers), Pat Sanderson (Worcester Warriors), Dean Schofield (Sale Sharks), Andy Titterrell (Sale Sharks), Stuart Turner (Sale Sharks), David Wilson (Newcastle Falcons), Nick Wood (Gloucester Rugby).

Backs: Nick Abendanon (Bath Rugby), Stuart Abbott (NEC Harlequins), Anthony Allen (Gloucester Rugby), Olly Barkley (Bath Rugby), Michael Brown (NEC Harlequins), Ben Cohen (Northampton Saints), Ben Foden (Sale Sharks), Ryan Lamb (Gloucester Rugby), Olly Morgan (Gloucester Rugby), James Simpson-Daniel (Gloucester Rugby), Dave Strettle (NEC Harlequins), Chev Walker (Bath Rugby), Tom Varndell (Leicester Tigers), Nick Walshe (Bath Rugby), Richard Wigglesworth (Sale Sharks).
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

Do my eyes deceive me or is Andy Goode left out of both squads too?
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

How did Andy Farrell play on Monday? I haven't really heard much about him for a while now.

If Robbo is there as a bit part player to help the youngsters mature, then fine. If he is there to be the lynchpin of our attack, then not fine.

Dayglo. :cry: No wait, that's not right. Let's try again: :)
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

You are correct, no Goode. But not sure where that leaves fly-half with Johnny Wilkinson in the sqaud but no games under his belt for months. Not sure when he is due back.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Slightly bemused at Andy Goode's absence from both squads and Wilkinson inculsion.

Wilko must have come through that game of tag he played with the under 12s on the weekend unscathed and means he's fully fit for an international recall.

At least it means we've got first call on Andy during the 6 Nations.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Lufbratiger

Post by Lufbratiger »

I think the Saxons would give the senior squad a good run for their money! Especially the backs, so much future potential there, surely with the right coaches and structure it is only a matter of time before England are a truley competitive again.
Remember that you are a Tigers fan,and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Lufbratiger wrote:I think the Saxons would give the senior squad a good run for their money! Especially the backs, so much future potential there, surely with the right coaches and structure it is only a matter of time before England are a truley competitive again.
It would be quite interesting to have a Probables versus Possibles match, like they do in New Zealand, just to see how much competition we actually have for places.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

Looks like real development has been rejected again.

Should have been a chance for bringing on more youngsters. The World Cup is lost anyway.

How the h*** do Wasps get so many in the squads when they are playing badly?
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Andrew Goode not selected for England is the worst news I've had this year!

It seems someone also agrees with me about Ben Kay and the Lineout!

Scott Bemand not in Saxons is the one suprise for me
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

No Dallaglio - alleluia! Wonder how he'll explain that away then?

Disagree with Robinson - he's too old now and hasn't the pace or skill he used to have. And Balshaw? Farrell? Tindall??? Wilko if he can play without injury AND recover his form....
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother