a new ground

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

the wasp squasher

a new ground

Post by the wasp squasher »

can anybody give me a update on whats happenig to the ground?

im sorry if this a old subject but it seems to have gone rather quite on this front.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

its starting to become annoying. We're sounding off calling ourselfs the biggest club in the world but we cant rebuild a :censored: stadium? why we still in the dark on this one tigers?
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Last I heard they have purchased the old Toyota garage and are in negotiations to buy I think its the blind centre between the garage and southfields. These things take time and often it is not the fault of the tigers who are wanting to push forward .I`m not sure what you are wanting chipnchase an announcement telling you they haven`t got anything to tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Little things like what youve just mentioned about the toyota garage, just regular updates even if its no news at least there keeping the paying fans involved
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

Last i heard it had been put back from re-building at the end of 07 season, apart from that i have heard nothing :?
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

tigerman wrote:Last i heard it had been put back from re-building at the end of 07 season, apart from that i have heard nothing :?
Blinking heck, they'll have finished Wembley by then.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

Last news was that there would be no decisions until after the players poss centralised contracts issues are sorted with the RFU as there may be issues as to crowd size if internationals not allowed to play in games.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

personnaly i could'nt see anything worse than sharing the walkers - a new stadium for tigers would be brilliant, truly affirm our status amongst the worlds best teams.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

MJ Chairman wrote:Last I heard they have purchased the old Toyota garage and are in negotiations to buy I think its the blind centre between the garage and southfields. These things take time and often it is not the fault of the tigers who are wanting to push forward .I`m not sure what you are wanting chipnchase an announcement telling you they haven`t got anything to tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can quite confidently state that Tigers have not bought the old Toyota site as the current building work being done on that site is the development of a new Toyota showroom!

Tigers were trying to buy it but Farmer & Carlisle couldn't get planning permission for the new site they wanted somewhere else in the City & so are redeveloping their existing site.

Tigers have not made an announcement as to the status of the WR redevelopment as they havenm't decided on anything definite themselves yet! At the next Board meeting (next week I think?) they will be looking over some more proposals from architects for the new ground but they haven't got enough land to do exactly what they want yet & haven't decided which stand they want to start work on first yet either.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Why not use the Walkers for a couple of seasons and let them do all the building in one go, after all they have said in the past all the work could take 10 years doing it bit by bit. :)
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

it is an option, also the walkers would provide money for the work - due to larger crowds.
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

i believe peter toms recently announced that there would be no ground development taking place until such time that the games structure was concluded with the rfu. he stated that they could not committ the club to such expenditure whilst their forward revenues were uncertain. as such, it would be postponed indefinitely.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

This is the situation:-

1. Keep the money rather than invest in a new stadium as that will be too expensive, given the location.

2. This will then mean the club makes more profit as investment is minimal.

3. This will then mean that the directors will be able to increase their salary/bonus/share value.

4. At some point the owners of Walkers/LCFC will do a deal, thereby justifying the orginal decision.

5. Meanwhile the supporters will have to put up or shut up.

Call me a cynic if you will, but you will remember this post in the future I hope?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

you're right - thats what will happen, but we can all hope it dos'nt.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

MJ Chairman wrote:Last I heard they have purchased the old Toyota garage and are in negotiations to buy I think its the blind centre between the garage and southfields. These things take time and often it is not the fault of the tigers who are wanting to push forward .
If they take times then why didn't tigers start the ball running 5 - 10 years ago when interest was increasing instead of now when we barely fit the season ticket holders in never mind the opposition and the non season ticket holders, it is bad planning by leicester that we haven't got a new stadium or at least not got one planned and ready to be built, nothing about taking time just poor thought process by tigers