French Championhip from inside

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

My1 Euro is on Toulouse bouncing back with avengence.

And Paris will only manage a bonus point!!

We shall see!

Thanks for your efforts nikos.
nikos

Post by nikos »

ROUND 10 :

FIXTURES :
Montauban-Stade Français: 15-9
Biarritz-Perpignan: 25-10
Toulouse-Narbonne: 40-34
Brive-Castres: 22-15
Albi-Montpellier: 15-9
Bourgoin-Clermont: 22-28
Bayonne - Agen : 19-15

STANDINGS :
1. Stade Français, 41 (142)
2. Clermont-Auvergne, 29 (112)
3. Toulouse, 29 (44)
4. Biarritz, 28 (69)
5. Montauban, 28 (26)
6. Perpignan, 23 (17)
7. Agen, 23 (-7)
8. Bourgoin-Jallieu, 22 (36)
9. Albi, 21 (-50)
10. Castres, 20 (-43)
11. Montpellier, 18 (-73)
12. Narbonne, 18 (-84)
13. Brive, 15 (-65)
14. Bayonne, 12 (-124)

This is done, Stade Français lost their first game of the season. A red card for Remy Martin, and two yellow ones for Sylvain Marconnet and David Auradou... but even when they were 15 on the field, the parisians were never able to win the game. the shame is that the referee totally helped Montauban (I think it was written that Paris had to lose there), but they did not need this to win the game.

A quick look at the final score would make you believe that it was an easy win for Biarritz, and another defeat (the third in a row) for Perpignan. But Usap's players came back from with game with a bit more self confidence. They totally made Biarritz display their rugby (but it was not written that the champion had to lose this game, if you understand what I mean...)
Notice that Biarritz's lock David Couzinet has been cited by Usap for knocking Natan Hines' face.

For the first time of the season, Narbonne played an away game with their 'first' team (contrary to the past ones, Toulouse's actual team does not frighten anyone), and this could have been rewarded by more than a defensive bonus point. At the very first minute of the game, Narbonne scored an amazing Toulousain's style try. Three tries for both teams and two great kick scorers (Rosalen and Elissalde). It's now hard to believe that 10 days ago, Toulouse xas the best defense of the league...

Tightened game in Brive between two teams that hoped the top of the league before the beginning of the season. But the poor rugby they played confirms both Brive and Castres do not deserve it... for the moment. Things can change.

Albi goes on winning all their home games. Or is this Montpellier who goes on losing their away ones ??? I don't know, but the final result is abolutely not a surprise. When will Albi stop surprising, week after week ?

Like last season, Bourgoin decided to play games in a football stadium, last year they lost both of them. The first one this season (they will recieve Paris in Lyon) is also lost. Clermont were very impressive, they are the team of the moment, but lost two key players in "le Chaudron" : the fantastic fly half Broke James and the young second row, world champion with the U21 this summer, Loïc Jacquet injured themselves during the game. Seeing them playing the H-Cup would really have been interesting this year.

Bayonne is still undefeated in their Stade Jean Dauger (Unfortunately, they had to play their first "home games" in Biarrtiz and lost them). They do not want to mahe the same think than Pau last season, relising too late they could keep their position in Top14, and miss it during the last minute of the last game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROUND 11 PREVIEW :
Agen - Perpignan
Bayonne - Toulouse
Narbonne - Bourgoin-Jallieu
Clermont-Auvergne - Brive
Castres - Albi
Montpellier - Montauban
Stade Français - Biarritz

Perpignan annouced it : they want to play in Agen, but the bue and white do not agree with this (concerning the good news, Caucaunibuca "should" be back in France this week end).

Bayonne will try to keep on being undefeated in Jean Dauger, but Toulouse still needs a reference game before going to belfast the following week end.

After their "home" defeat, Bourgoin want to get the missed points back from an away game. But I am not convinced that Narbonne is the best place to do this.

The Derby of the Centre of France. The "Jaunards" (Clermont) against the "Coujous" (Brive). But the difference between the two teams seems to be too important this season.

An other Derby between Castres and Albi. We've not seen this one for years (tens of years in fact). The fact that the little neighbourh Albi is better ranked than them will for sure over motivate Castres.

Big game between Montpellier and Montauban. An other surprise from Montauban is possible, but Montpellier lost their last home game against Brive. They are not allowed to do the same again.

To conclude, the clash of the beginning of the season. The leader of the league recieves the campion at the Stade de France, in front of 80 000 fans !!! I'll be there.
"Il y a des gens que j'aime et que je traite de cons, mais il n'y a pas de cons auxquels je dis que je les aime."
Frédéric Dard
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Bill W wrote:My1 Euro is on Toulouse bouncing back with avengence.

We shall see!

I got that right then nikos!!!

Bayonne - Toulouse will be interesting.

all best regards
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Osprey in Leicester »

Bill W wrote:
Bill W wrote:My1 Euro is on Toulouse bouncing back with avengence.

We shall see!

I got that right then nikos!!!

Bayonne - Toulouse will be interesting.

all best regards

Hi Bill, how are you ?
nikos

Post by nikos »

ROUND 11 :

FIXTURES :
Agen-Perpignan: 6-13
Bayonne-Toulouse: 9-20
Narbonne-Bourgoin: 20-23
Clermont-Brive: 44-3
Castres-Albi: 16-19
Montpellier-Montauban: 19-17
Stade Français-Biarritz: 22-16

STANDINGS :
1. Stade Français, 45 (148 )
2. Clermont-Auvergne, 34 (153)
3. Toulouse, 33 (55)
4. Biarritz, 29 (63)
5. Montauban, 29 (24)
6. Perpignan, 27 (24)
7. Bourgoin-Jallieu, 26 (39)
8. Albi, 25 (-47)
9. Agen, 24 (-14)
10. Montpellier, 22 (-71)
11. Castres, 21 (-46)
12. Narbonne, 19 (-87)
13. Brive, 15 (-106)
14. Bayonne, 12 (-135)

They had said it, and they did it. Perpignan won in Agen an asleeping game. The victory enable them to approach the top 4. But it was not enough to avoid the annual crisis : the president Marcel Dagrenat decided on monday to leave USAP.

Toulouse woke up in Bayonne, a week before going to Ravenhill, this are very good news. Bayonne did not show anything interesting (their forward's coach has been fired monday), and Toulouse, in spite of tens of ha,dlings errors, scored two beautiful tries.

Narbonne decided to play against Bourgoin... the way Bourgoin plays rugby, based on strong forwards. But this is not Narbonne's type of rugby. Strange choices have been made during tis game, that enable Bourgoin to win an away game for the first time of the season.

No suspense in Clermont. In spite of lots of injured players, they scored once again more than 40 points at home (like against Montpellier, Narbonne and Toulouse). They really deserve their second position.

Huge event in Castres. The derby decided it's winner at the very last second. Castres openned the score with a beautiful try at the beginning of the first half and leaded all the game, but Albi was given a penalty try after the siren rang and defeated their neighbourh.

Lot of suspense in Montpellier. Sebastien Fauque thought he had given the victory to Montauban, when he scored a drop goal at the 72th, but six minutes later, en other one from Regs Lespinas gave the home side a short victory.

The huge game, in front of 80 000 persons, broadcasted all over the world, was sooooooooo boring. Biarritz started the game very well, getting all the balls. But Paris' defense (as usual) was very strong. On their first offensive ball, Stade Français scored a 50 meters try, that was enough to kill Biarritz's hopes. The champion realized too late that they could have defeated the leader, and scored their try only at the 75th, a bit too late.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROUND 12 PREVIEW :
Bourgoin-Jallieu - Bayonne
Brive - Narbonne
Albi - Clermont-Auvergne
Montauban - Castres
Biarritz - Montpellier
Perpignan - Stade Français
Agen - Toulouse

This round will be played the 3rd and 4th of november, after two european rounds.
So this is difficult to say today which team will be in good health.
The big game will be Perpignan receiving the leader, but I'll have a look on Agen-Toulouse (not only because I am a fan of Toulouse, my favourite team has to make the difference and install itself in the top 4).
Clermont has a difficult travel to Albi, who's undefeated at home.
"Il y a des gens que j'aime et que je traite de cons, mais il n'y a pas de cons auxquels je dis que je les aime."
Frédéric Dard
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Just spotted this thread, my understanding of what's going on in France has been hindered by my inability to speak Welsh!

I can now be enlightened!

Merci Nikos
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I thought Stade, in the first half, were superb against Biarritz. Total domination once they scored.

Stade fell asleep once they had 'won', and the final score flattered the visitors. I wouldn't fancy having Paris in my HEC group on that showing !
nikos

Post by nikos »

dailywaffle wrote:I thought Stade, in the first half, were superb against Biarritz. Total domination once they scored.
That's what I meant when I wrote that this try killed Biarritz's hopes... but I would not say they were superb.
Frédéric Dard
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I suppose Biarritz can concentrate on the League for now, does anyone recall a Heineken Group easier than the one they are in?

Even Saints, who let's be fair were even worse than us last week (and we were bad!), should sail through as a best runner up, and if you think I'm being a tad patronising about the other 2 teams I would observe that some of my family originally came from Galashiels.

Stade will need to concentrate on Europe with Sale and Neath-Swansea in their group.
nikos

Post by nikos »

Hello !
I'm sorry but I broke down my computer. So you'll have to manage only with the results because I am writing from my job. Please forgive me.

ROUND 12 :

FIXTURES :
Perpignan-Stade Français: 11-10
Bourgoin-Bayonne: 39-10
Albi-Clermont: 6-27
Brive-Narbonne: 23-21
Montauban-Castres: 15-15
Biarritz-Montpellier: 44-11
Agen-Toulouse: 24-16

STANDINGS :
1. Stade Français, 46 (147)
2. Clermont-Auvergne, 38 (174)
3. Biarritz, 34 (96)
4. Toulouse, 33 (47)
5. Bourgoin-Jallieu, 31 (68 )
6. Perpignan, 31 (25)
7. Montauban, 31 (24)
8. Agen, 28 (-6)
9. Albi, 25 (-68 )
10. Castres, 23 (-46)
11. Montpellier, 22 (-104)
12. Narbonne, 20 (-89)
13. Brive, 19 (-104)
14. Bayonne, 12 (-164)

ROUND 13 PREVIEW :
Toulouse - Bourgoin-Jallieu
Stade Français - Agen
Bayonne - Brive
Narbonne - Albi
Castres - Biarritz
Montpellier - Perpignan
Clermont-Auvergne - Montauban
Frédéric Dard
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

it's very kind of you to keep us up to date with everything, nikos, and interesting stuff too. Hope your computer is soon mended!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
nikos

Post by nikos »

Computer still broken. :cry:
Should be fixed next week.

ROUND 13 :

FIXTURES :
Stade Français-Agen: 31-8
Toulouse-Bourgoin: 25-15
Bayonne-Brive : 29-6
Narbonne - Albi : 50-12
Castres - Biarritz : 12-16
Montpellier - Perpignan : 12-15
Clermont-Auvergne - Montauban : 27-16

STANDINGS :
1. Stade Français, 50 (170)
2. Clermont-Auvergne, 42 (185)
3. Biarritz, 38 (100)
4. Toulouse, 37 (57)
5. Perpignan, 35 (28 )
6. Bourgoin-Jallieu, 31 (58 )
7. Montauban, 31 (13)
8. Agen, 28 (-29)
9. Narbonne, 25 (-51)
10. Albi, 25 (-106)
11. Castres, 24 (-50)
12. Montpellier, 23 (-107)
13. Brive, 19 (-127)
14. Bayonne, 17 (-141)

The five top ranked team won.
Note that Frederic Michalak injured again his knee and will be out at least 4 monthes (he'll miss the 6 Nations, for sure)

ROUND 14 PREVIEW :
Montpellier - Stade Français
Clermont-Auvergne - Biarritz
Bourgoin-Jallieu - Agen
Toulouse - Brive
Bayonne - Albi
Narbonne - Montauban
Castres - Perpignan
Frédéric Dard
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Resurrection, just to keep you guys up to date with results and current standings in Nikos' absence.

ROUND FOURTEEN

Bourgoin v Agen: 31-18
Bayonne v Albi: 15-9
Clermont v Biarritz: 25-17
Montpellier v S.Français: 25-13
Castres v Perpignan: 19-13
Montauban v Narbonne: 37-33
Toulouse v Brive: 26-29

ROUND FIFTEEN

Agen v Montpellier: 14-9
Stade Français v Castres: 43-18
Brive v Bourgoin: 28-3
Albi v Toulouse: 13-13
Biarritz v Narbonne: 42-14
Montauban v Bayonne: 17-18
Perpignan v Clermont: 32-15

ROUND SIXTEEN

Bourgoin v Albi: 36-11
Bayonne v Biarritz: 11-15
Brive v Agen: 19-13
Clermont v Stade Français: 29-17
Castres v Montpellier: 51-13
Narbonne v Perpignan: 15-19
Toulouse v Montauban: 30-21

Stade Francais 12-0-4 435-252 55pts
Clermont 11-0-5 399-206 50pts
Biarritz 10-0-6 348-228 47pts
Perpignan 10-0-6 313-259 45pts
Toulouse 9-2-5 236-214 44pts
Bourgoin 8-0-8 338-284 40pts
Montauban 6-1-9 292-284 33pts
Castres 6-1-9 244-281 33pts
Agen 7-0-9 358-433 33pts
Brive 7-0-9 265-334 31pts
Narbonne 6-0-10 235-335 30pts
Albi 6-1-9 171-283 28pts
Montpellier 5-1-10 229-328 28pts
Bayonne 6-0-10 235-369 26pts

Since they ended their unbeaten run, Stade have lost a few away from home and the chasing pack is now on their tail.

Strange goings on at Ernest Wallon. Out of the top 4 and almost out of Europe... what's happening at Toulouse? Can this be the end of an empire? They could be in the same situation Tigers were in the 2002-3 season - unbeatable and mighty at home and Europe... and then suddenly out of contention in both for a few seasons as the side is forced into a rebuild.
simparms

Post by simparms »

as long as we put 40 odd points on Bourgoin at the weekend in a satisfying bonus point victory at home then im happy
SiMpArMs - Tigers for life
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

Surement un grand travail, Nikos. Bravo.

Il a passè beaucoup de temps, mais, peux-tu moi dire pourquoi Totò Perugini a etè disqualifiiè pour cinq semaines? J'ai ecoutè d'un coup de tete...est-il vrai?
Totò...s'il apprendra un jour à controller sa force e ses nerves surtout, il sera un joueur magnific.

(I asked why Perugini was disqualified for 5 weeks)