Munster v Leicester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tac106

Munster v Leicester

Post by tac106 »

This might seem a very stupid question to some, and if so please excuse my ignorance.

But why is there no ticket information about the Munster game at Thomond Park on the 'tickets' part of the website.

Am I right to presume the game's already sold out?

Assuming the tickets hadn't already been sold how would one go about obtaining tickets? How many tickets would Munster actually give us for the game?

Thanks in advance for enlightening me, and FYI I am a season ticket holder.
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

There are no ticket details as the date & time of the game hasn't been set yet. I understand this will be done following the games this week with ticket details available early next week.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Hi There,

FYI Munster have to offer us 15% of their ground capacity for pool games. The tickets ahve not gone on sale yet but you can register your interest with the ticket office now and they will call you when the tickets go on sale, which is well worth doing as I am sure these will go quickly. Allocation has been announced as 2 tickets per season ticket on a first come first served basis. Hope this helps and we meet in Limerick!
tac106

Post by tac106 »

Thanks guys, helps a lot.

Probably last chance to get to Thomond Park before it's rebuilt so worth a go to try and get tickets!
East-Munster Man
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by East-Munster Man »

Might i remind leicesters fans to be careful in limerick when your over here. Despite there refusal to admit it limerick is a crime haven from petty crime to a major gangland problem despite being a small city. And before i get abuse from other irish people in here for my comments , i go to university there so i know what its like.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

thanks for that East Munster Man, we'll certainly be careful and can't wait to get over there, what a weekend that is going to be.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Lil'B

Post by Lil'B »

East-Munster Man wrote:Might i remind leicesters fans to be careful in limerick when your over here. Despite there refusal to admit it limerick is a crime haven from petty crime to a major gangland problem despite being a small city. And before i get abuse from other irish people in here for my comments , i go to university there so i know what its like.
The truth always hurts!!!! We know who they are. No different from any other city then, really.
Be careful out there on the streets, folks!

Lil'B
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Im going to Limerick meself this weekend. Ive never ever had problems. Like most Citys, Limerick has it's ejits. But as the poster points out, a lot of it is gang related, mostly amongst themselves. I think I'm right in saying that per head of population Waterford is more violent now. The 'Stab City' term is not that relevant anymore. Ive never known any visiting Rugby fans encountering any problems. Mind you shouldn't I be agreeing with the poster, and putting people off from going, leaving us with more tickets. :lol: Yes thats it. Dont go to Limerick its far too dangerous. Stay at home & watch it on the tele, unless your going on the Mini-Bus from the Bakers Arms. :wink: And you Lil'B & Mrs Lil'B.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

East-Munster Man wrote:Might i remind leicesters fans to be careful in limerick when your over here. Despite there refusal to admit it limerick is a crime haven from petty crime to a major gangland problem despite being a small city. And before i get abuse from other irish people in here for my comments , i go to university there so i know what its like.
On a cold and grey Munter morn, another little baby child is born, in the Ghetto.
In the Ghet-tooooooooo.

And his momma cries.
Cos if there's one thing that she don't need, it's another little hungry mouth to feed, in the Ghetto.

In the Ghet-tooooooooooo!

:lol:

Seriously though, they ought to relocate the game to Nottingham, we don't have any sorts of problems with crime here. Yup, "Crime Free Nottingham" is what this place is known as.
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

Limerick is no worse than dublin,belfast,glasgow and any other city in the british isles.

crime in most cities is gang related anyway.

every team in europe ( well worth speaking of) have been to limerick in the last 10 years and i cant remember any incidences.

but then again, as the old saying goes'

if you LOOK for trouble, you will GET trouble !!!!

and certainly 'East Munster Man' you are looking for a couple of ' Smack Burgers with extra knuckles'
Shedman is gone. Shedman is gone
the don

Post by the don »

Shedman wrote:Limerick is no worse than dublin,belfast,glasgow and any other city in the british isles.

crime in most cities is gang related anyway.

every team in europe ( well worth speaking of) have been to limerick in the last 10 years and i cant remember any incidences.

but then again, as the old saying goes'

if you LOOK for trouble, you will GET trouble !!!!

and certainly 'East Munster Man' you are looking for a couple of ' Smack Burgers with extra knuckles'

Well Said Shedman.Let me be the first to administer the Smack Burger. :wink:
East-Munster Man
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by East-Munster Man »

i was actually mugged in limerick before , not far from thomond park but i can't blame the rugby as there was no game on. What they thought they'd get from a student is beyond me. Actually with the number of murders in dublin this week i think leicester are lucky they ain't away to leinster. Limerick will seem like a trip to the bahamas for them.

Aside from this , what a game thats going to be! we just don't have enough big gameslike that.
Lil'B

Post by Lil'B »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:Im going to Limerick meself this weekend. Ive never ever had problems. Like most Citys, Limerick has it's ejits. But as the poster points out, a lot of it is gang related, mostly amongst themselves. I think I'm right in saying that per head of population Waterford is more violent now. The 'Stab City' term is not that relevant anymore. Ive never known any visiting Rugby fans encountering any problems. Mind you shouldn't I be agreeing with the poster, and putting people off from going, leaving us with more tickets. :lol: Yes thats it. Dont go to Limerick its far too dangerous. Stay at home & watch it on the tele, unless your going on the Mini-Bus from the Bakers Arms. :wink: And you Lil'B & Mrs Lil'B.
Have a good weekend, Steve.
I know I should not say this, but, try to lose this week!

Stab city??? No such thing, they shoot you nowadays! :lol:
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

East-Munster Man wrote:i was actually mugged in limerick before , not far from thomond park but i can't blame the rugby as there was no game on. What they thought they'd get from a student is beyond me. Actually with the number of murders in dublin this week i think leicester are lucky they ain't away to leinster. Limerick will seem like a trip to the bahamas for them.

Aside from this , what a game thats going to be! we just don't have enough big gameslike that.
People get mugged all over the place. As for how the mind of a drug addict works, who knows. The good people of Leicestershire can tell of their own story's of scumbag muggers. A 73 year old was mugged by 3 youths this very week for £10
http://tinyurl.com/yehj7u
But you wont get L.T fans advising people not to go to games because of it. Usually people on away trips travel around in groups anyway, this is enough to deter cowardly attacks on individuals. Suffolk is hardly regarded as a hot bed of crime, but look at the appalling events going on there. Can we get this post back to ticket info, I have people from this site emailing me concerned as they plan to go to Limerick in Jan. As I said before I am traveling there later today. Drinking in & around Thomondgate, Ballananty along with Dolans (Dock Rd), as well as visiting the Island. Although some of these places are not regarded as the most salubrious in Limerick. I meself would visit them above the likes of Highfields, Northfields, St Matthews etc. Places found within Leicester. But that is my personal opinion & choice. I cant guarantee the safety of L.T fans traveling to Limerick, no more then I could some of the streets around Welford Rd. But wouldn't discourage people traveling to either venue, just advise people to take the same safeguards they undertake anywhere.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I think, as Steve says, it's a matter of being sensible and careful no matter where you go. Don't drink so much as to become incapable, don't wave your wallet/money around for all to see, be aware when using ATMs to get cash out (both scammers on the machine and people lurking) and generally keep away from any areas that look a bit dodgy. There are plenty of those in Leicester too! I think I'd probably feel safer in Limerick than in some areas of Nottingham, Leicester or London
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother