Is it Frames, or What? - problems with new set-up

Technical forum for feedback and comments on the website.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Gate
Super User
Super User

Is it Frames, or What? - problems with new set-up

Post by Gate »

This may just be bugs in te system which will work themselves out, but I am having problems since the new website went live. Apart from glitches on the front page (which I am sure are just temporary bugs in the SOTIC system), the forum is skew-whiff - all posts are off-centre so you can't read the last couple of words of each line; and on some pages, you only get half the page, because the player details cover the other half. I imagine the player details will eventually be up in the top right the way they are on the Ulster offy, but for now, it's a bit of a problem. Sorry for the ramble - question is, is this just something being worked out, or should I be adjusting settings on my PC?

[Big improvement all round, though - applause for the web people. :D ]
noq
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by noq »

Well using Firefox 2.0 the home page is unreadable in the new site. Side bars over the middle of the main text! And the forum is showing wide message type behaviour.
noq
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by noq »

Interesting. I have just tried with firefox 2.0 again and it displays badly - unless I change it to claim to be netscape 4.8 when it displays perfectly. I think the web guys need to check their browser sniffing.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

They can't have tested it on a Mac, mines all over the place in Safari but mostly OK in Explorer :cry:
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Seems to be fine on IE7, but if you're having problems reading it in your browser make sure you post here. Someone will pick it up.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Fair enough Iain. Just logged on and low and behold they've hit it with a lump hammer and it works fine on my Mac now. :D

I can see there being legibility issues with colours and contrast though, espesecially on the forum, sorry, messageboard.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
wfc
Site Admin

Post by wfc »

We had a problem on Sat morning when the CMS published the match report in the old style, however that was corrected before lunch.

FYI the site was designed using firefox (both 1 and 2) I installed a new PC with firefox 2 on Sunday and recheked the site and all was ok. Note that some ad blockers will alter the look of the site.

If you are still having a problem, can you send us a screenshot to [email protected]

Regards

Leo