Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Capricorn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Capricorn »

AR what a worm!
Yes, he must go now.
Admittedly he was handed a poisoned chalice when Woodward resigned, but the "new broom sweeps clean " adage has never been applicable in AR's case.
He is lucky to have lasted as long as he has.
Get rid of him before he does more damage.
:evil: :evil:
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

He should resign now :evil:
retsilnai
Top Cat
Top Cat

"Poisoned Chalice" ?

Post by retsilnai »

Capricorn wrote:AR what a worm!
Yes, he must go now.
Admittedly he was handed a poisoned chalice when Woodward resigned, but the "new broom sweeps clean " adage has never been applicable in AR's case.
He is lucky to have lasted as long as he has.
Get rid of him before he does more damage.
:evil: :evil:
As I recall, he was SCW's most able lieutenant (Read the autobiography).
He wasn't handed anything he wasn't part and parcel of.
Since being handed control, he has done absolutely nothing to progress English rugby.
Rather similar in fact to what he did to Bath
The fact is we have gone backwards at a rate of knots.
If he had a gram of honour, we would not be having this debate.
Similarly, if anyone in the RFU had any bottle or sense, we wouldn't either.
He has to go, and go now. Lets face it, we aren't going to win the next world cup with him and we aren't going to win it without him, so go now and good riddance.
New Zealand and South Africa are testing their benches.
Australia are experimenting positionally.
Argentina hadn't played for five months.
Wales are tinkering.
Ireland would simply murder us.
Get the next bus AR !!! Bye.
Ian
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

I voted no, ok i'm Italian, but surely i do not think Azzurri can beat England at home only because of him, i swear it !

I voted no because a new coach, it's only my opinion, can't do miracles at this moment. Berbizier was named by FIR instead of John Kirwan after the last our wooden spoon in 2004, and things gone bad in 2003 too, but to JK was left another year, and BBZ worked for months before seeing the first results.

RFU should give him a term, making him work hard and under the pressure. Not a long term, six nations is near. That should be last chance, for me
vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

I couldnt agree more with u tho its a bit risky.
Look at the Munster game, I cudnt recall any major mistakes that we made but we were taking risk or being clinical. Yes we were doin the right things but not clinical. The munster team knew exactly wut they were doin and hence was the better side.
England ran some good lines but they need to get used to playing high tempo rugby.
Bk to the point, Im not sure if it's a good idea to sack OBNC. Maybe it shud hv been done much earlier/
Mat wrote:Yes Robinson has to go but who can come in?

Ashton is not a leader he is the best backs coach of his generation but failed as head coach at Bath.
Wells a great forwards coach but did not have the extra bit as Director of Rugby at Leicester

Andrew a league win when Newcstle did a chelsea and bought a team and two micky mouse cup wins that no one cares about. He was one dimensional as player and as a manger.

In the long term we have to look abroad but in the middle of a season I dont think thats possible.

The damage goes deeper tahn the coach we just do not have the World class skilled players.

Look at The Prem the ONLY skilled palyers are foreigners. We have plenty of bashers but no skill. Leicester are a mini England we look good when th e forrwards dominate and terrible when they dont. No skill AT ALL. They can not even do the basics. We have scrum half like Elliss in their mid twentys who can not pass. Centres like Noon and Smith who can bust a whole but cant pass outt of contact,.

We have to be able to pass on the gainline out of contact or just before having drawn a man. Teh only player who does that at Leicsetr is GM whos Irish. I acna think of any English players except Catt and he is past it who can do that.

The whole system has to be overhauled forget this world cup look for the next. Get coaches to go for skill, scrap the academies and get the youngsters playing games or join a big club with a asmall. Leicester Second team could be Bedfords first week in week out plenty of game time to learn in a real environment not text book rugby that only works when a pack dominates.
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Well ,according to Radio 4 at 0625 AR is now refusing to resign.!!

The arrogance of the man is unbelievable. RA has got to weild the sword and blo**y quick.
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

AR should go. Let RA "caretake" until after the WC and then bring in Deanno.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I had to smile wryly at yesterday's Telegraph - right alongside all the reports and disgust and calls for changes after the England game - was an advert for a competition to "Meet the England rugby team" including a "once in a lifetime chance to attend a coaching session with England Head Coach Andy Robinson..." Irony?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Rizzo wrote:.... including a "once in a lifetime chance to attend a coaching session with England Head Coach Andy Robinson..." Irony?
Hopefully that means they are thinking of getting rid of him then. As in there are not going to be many more chances!!

To be frank, England are not going to win the WC anyway... They just need more time! We should therefore start planning for the 2011 WC. It therefore doesn't matter if our coach gets fired, blown up or whatever a year before the 2007 world cup. A new coach needs 2 years (IMHO) to really get a good team together. There's just not time before 2007 WC.

I agree with the very intelligent people on here :roll: :lol: who think that Deano should be begged to become England Head Coach. I also think he should be knighted, but... :D
tiger7
Tiger Cub

Post by tiger7 »

I cannot see how the man can stay! he has tried everything to try to win matches and nothing has worked for him. He tried to keen the same team and stability during the last 6 nations and that didnt work for him. He has tried youth... hasnt worked.. he has tried experience bring back catt.. and hasnt worked.

The fact is even if he is sacked England cannot possibly do worse with anyone else.

I cant understand how hodgson is such a quality player at club level, yet for England is terrible. And how is lewsy, who i think has been one of our best backs for years is suddenly dropped to only make sub appearences?

I feel sorry for the likes of Allen and Flood, both quality players but are simply not ready to be thrown in against NZ? full credit to them for keeping their heads up and keep on going!

With respect to the captancy I cant see other contender apart from corry? Even if he is not the best as some others feel who else is there?

Im acctually quite worried that England may do the impossible and beat South Africa and the RFU keeping Robinson!!!!!!!!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

The man's only human and to lead England to 7 consecutive defeats and then resign with your tail between your legs is awful.

But he has to.

He looks miserable. The players look dejected. It's over, isn't it?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

http://tinyurl.com/yggqc9

Posted this on robbo thread. Seems he has 2 games to turn it around, thoughts re rfu statement...
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Anthony
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Anthony »

Let's face it England have not played well since before the World Cup in 2003.
We won it becuasse we had the momentum and the belief that we could beat any side in the world, given the results against the Southern hemisphere in the autumn internationals before the World Cup and the trip to New Zealand.

It has all been downhill since then with some abject perfomances, capped off by a miserable weekend this Saturday.

Why the RFU did not get rid of the whole coaching team when they could is beyond me. In the past I have said give AR more time, not any more. He's had his stint and done nothing with it.

With Rob Andrew at the helm, and coaching from Wells, Ford and Ashton the players can find their own way. AR has to go, now
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Sack him, sack him now - not in two weeks.

From the RFU site though it looks like we'll see Springboks AND Ostriches at Twickenham in a week's time. The former running rings around us on the pitch and the latter sticking their heads in the sand in a committee room somewhere.

Could say something about snakes too, but don't want to get too personal about OBNC.
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

I can't believe that this :censored: can stand in front of the cameras and tell the viewing public that he will not resign....has the man no self respect??

He needs to go NOW not after the AI's not after the 6N NOW, lets start building for 2011 and use RWC 2007 as experience for our younger players.

Besides that man is costing me money - the amount of things I've hurled at my telly when he comes on the screen.....