Paul Burke

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Paul Burke

Post by banbury tiger »

Paul Burke - there was an article in the mail on saturday about him beating goodey to the no. 10 spot !
what does anyone else think do you reckon he deserves the fly half job ?!?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

First half performance v second half performance?

Compare!!!!!!!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

With the wisdom of hindsight ... Pat clearly got it wrong.

Problem is ..... most of us knew he'd got it wrong before the match !
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Tigers would have won that game if 6 easy points hadn't been missed.And one stupid moment from Jennings who I did have high regard for hadn't been so silly then we wouldn't have been in the position we are at the moment.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

i agre with you this time G but i suppose its difficult in hind sight saying whether goodey would have kicked them.. he has missed similar ones himself.. and yes jennings needs a good kicking... even if he thought he hadn't done anything wrong keep your gob shut thats what the captain is for...
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

the game was perfectly suited to goode's style of play and it showed. burke had a bad game and i'm sure he has played and kicked better on other occasions. goode should have started, no question.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

No doubt in my mind that Andy should have started, especially in those conditions. Seems Pat has caught Robbinsonitis, i.e. the inability to see what is obvious to most of the rest of the world. Another incorrect decision in what is now becoming quite a long list of incorrect decisions.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

g....you can blame Jennings, but the call should have been a knock-on before that...no excuse for backchat I know, but the facts are there. Also, Jennings performed at a mega-high standard throughout last season - how he didn't win Player of the Season I don't know - I can forgive him 1 mistake.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I recall 2 actually Westwinds. He was on the pitch for less than 5 mins when he talked back AGAIN to the ref who pinged him with a 10 metre walk which gave O'Gara another easy penalty kick.

I like Jennings and yes he may have made 2 mistakes in the match. But be honest Tigers have a severe discipline problem which is costing them time and time again, and nobody at the club seem that bothered about it. Moody used to be the biggest culprit and now he seems to have sorted his indiscipline out, maybe the rest of the squad need to have counselling just like Moody had. It seems to have worked for him.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

agrree with you G discipline needs sorting and fast.

I think once it looked like rain Goode should have played. Having said that what creativity we showed in the middle feild this year has been by Burke and that includes the frist half againsyt Munster where he ste up some good midfield moves. HE is a good palyer and in the dry has more options than Goode and a wiser head.

Andy kicked away hte ball twice in the last few mins and then with Vestys missfield we were in no position to attack in the last couple of mins.