Leicester 35 Worcester 20 - Your Views

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lozza
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lozza »

I had a great afternoon. The Wuss fans we were stood with were really nice - all very friendly and we had a good laugh. I shall definitely go there again - nice ground, easy to get to and easy to park. 8)

Oh and the band in the club house after the match were fantastic - have to be one of the best Irish bands I have seen in a long time..............................and Pat came in and spoke to us Tigers fans that were in there - which was really nice.........................................

I know they haven't got much of a terrace area at Wuss - but I hope they manage to keep it. I don't think I'd want to go there and sit down (mind you I don't like going anywhere where you have to sit to watch the game - but quite often nowadays you don't have a choice :wink: ).
Lozza

Nothing is Impossible
PMTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PMTiger »

We paid £24 each to sit behind the posts where the view was obstructed by all the columns holding up the stand. However would agree that the ground is easy to get to with good parking, might be different on a wet winters day though trecking along by the canal.

Cannot understand why we continued to throw long balls in the lineout when Cabbage was obviously struggling with his aim.

Goode made a big difference when he came on, he was kicking into the corners when Burke wouldn't have reached the 22m line.

MOTM for me was again Sam Vesty.

Cardiff it is then and the opposition looks like being Ospreys, Blues and Sale - should make for an interesting weekend.
enjoy life to the full, it is not a practice run.
Chris Lunson
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Chris Lunson »

Great to see Gibson back and scoring. He is a great player and is essential to Leicester if we are to win things this year.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Well I didn't get to see the game unfortunately, but five tries and a healthy winning margin away from home is never a bad thing. Seem to have secured a semi final, so job done with minimum damage I'd say! Here's hoping for a better day at the Millennium this time round!
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Gibson MOTM for me. It is just phenomenal how different the backline is when he plays compared to when he doesn't. The man is a genius and he is the crucial player if Tigers are going to challenge for honours. He is always a joy to watch. Well done to all the lads for securing such quick qualification from the group stage (am I right in thinking Tigers are the 1st, and as yet only, team to do so?)
agoodetiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by agoodetiger »

Bit late posting....but here goes!

Was at the game and sitting in the North Stand and most of the comments around me were aimed either at the ref or at James Brown (Woc Fly Half) who isn't exactly the best tactician or kicker around. As I live in Gloucester 9great fun!) I went up to the 'A' team match a couple of weeks ago and can honestly say that it is a very friendly place to go, yes there are some 'new kids on the block' types of fan there, but then again they have come up pretty quickly. They might not have the broad knowledge as us, but then I don't mind if it is a sign of more people getting involved in the game - it's very similar with the Sharks.

Overall a good performance - certainly better than the league game there last season! Gibson and Smith looked good in the centre - Ollie just needs to be careful of his offloads as gave ball away on 4 occasions trying to do too much. Paul Burke was Ok but we nede more than OK - give Humph a longer run!! Good to see Johne Murphy doing well, hope to see more of the youngsters giving a run. Geordan was awesome and was running rings around Worc backs. Good performance from the pack, allowing for poor performance by the ref not being able to sort out the scrum - Jordan Crane was great and will develop into a world class player.

Agree with Lozza - was good fun in bar afterwards - good mix of supporters and good music. Just for the record I work with the lead singer/bassist of the band (Hagglebag) and he was well chuffed with the positive comments in the earlier post. He has asked me to point out they are available to hire and have recently done a session with the BBC (available on CD). Willing to travel all over - were in Sweden in summer. If there's any interested let me know and I will put you in touch.