Help for a few Munster fans heading your way!!!!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Catherine111

Post by Catherine111 »

Munster Rugby Supporters Club have designated Walkabout as their watering hole for that weekend so hopefully we'll see all you Leicester supporters out in force :D
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

None of the other so called Rugby pubs in Leicester will show Munster games on Fri or Sat evenings.

Steve I've been in The Gateway recently and I think that they will be showing the match if enough people want to watch it. The Gateway is about 5 - 10 minutes walk from Welford Road. That's where I will heading on the day to watch the match, unless any kind soul out there wants to take a fun loving rock chick with them, (I don't mind buying some beer!!!). :P :roll: :shock: :D
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Ashby Rock Chick wrote:None of the other so called Rugby pubs in Leicester will show Munster games on Fri or Sat evenings.

Steve I've been in The Gateway recently and I think that they will be showing the match if enough people want to watch it. The Gateway is about 5 - 10 minutes walk from Welford Road. That's where I will heading on the day to watch the match, unless any kind soul out there wants to take a fun loving rock chick with them, (I don't mind buying some beer!!!). :P :roll: :shock: :D
Its not certain to be on Kaye. If theres more Soccer fans in that will go on. :( Thats what they told me....On Sat I was assured tby the Walkabout that they would show the Munster game but they didnt. It is a new bar & they blamed technical troubles so I have to give them the benefit of doubt. There was however no tecnical troubles for the :censored: music they were blaring out :roll:
outwide

Post by outwide »

Lads and lassies,Is Leicester a rugby town or not?We are going over on Friday as you know and if we have to watch overpaid soccer players rolling all over the ground for the weekend we will go bananas :evil:
Neil Back you are now forgiven...................
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

outwide wrote:Lads and lassies,Is Leicester a rugby town or not?We are going over on Friday as you know and if we have to watch overpaid soccer players rolling all over the ground for the weekend we will go bananas :evil:
In my experience Leicester City centre is more Soccer. The County tends to be more Rugby. Walkabout have assured that they will be showing ERC games over the weekend. I have yet to find a pub that will show Munster games :( . I will be in the City centre on Fri myself meeting a few others. I will be happy to point out some of the better venues. They will no doubt improve with the fact that they will be full of Munster fans :lol: Have you all managed to get tickets for the game. I know of loads with flights & hotels booked but alas no ticket yet.
outwide

Post by outwide »

Hi Steve,
The tickets have been posted and we should all be ok as far as we are aware.
However the Associate members will be unlucky.I'm sure that any Leicester fans who will not be able to make the game will do their Munster friends a favour and pass on any unused ones in our direction :wink:
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Outwide I know as many coming over without tickets as those that do have. With their flights & hotels booked they will still be making the journey. There is an oppinion that there will be between 1& 2000 outside come kick off time. Unfortuately there wont be many tickets available from Tigers fans. Most wouldnt miss the game for anything. And it would mean handing over their season ticket book to someone.
outwide

Post by outwide »

They estimate here that between 5 and 10 thousand will travel to Leicester so you can imagine the scramble for tickets
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:
outwide wrote:Lads and lassies,Is Leicester a rugby town or not?We are going over on Friday as you know and if we have to watch overpaid soccer players rolling all over the ground for the weekend we will go bananas :evil:
In my experience Leicester City centre is more Soccer. The County tends to be more Rugby. Walkabout have assured that they will be showing ERC games over the weekend. I have yet to find a pub that will show Munster games :( . I will be in the City centre on Fri myself meeting a few others. I will be happy to point out some of the better venues. They will no doubt improve with the fact that they will be full of Munster fans :lol: Have you all managed to get tickets for the game. I know of loads with flights & hotels booked but alas no ticket yet.
No self-respecting pub would want to show that shower trying to play rugby :lol: In all seriousness though, looking forward to all the Munster fans coming over. If there's half as many as has been predicted here then it should be a great weekend with a fantastic atmosphere.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Friday and Saturday get down to Firefly/ Fire Bug, big open pub with a garden and a upstairs. No chavs....... you'd be very welcome i can contact the manager if you wont to know for sure you'll be welcome.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Would i be right in assuming that of the 2500 tickets sent to Munster the majority will be on the Crumbie Terrace? Does anyone have any idea of the % breakdown between seats & terrace, I think most of the seats are taken by ST holders.
outwide

Post by outwide »

Where is the Crumbie terrace?
Wait till you see how many of us decked out in red will get in to the main stand :wink: :wink: Our moto is where there is a will there is a way!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously I dont think ye realise how many of us are travelling over ticket or not.So it might be a nice touch if ye made a weekend out of it and join us on the Friday or Saturday night.Any nice single girls there
:?: :D