The Whorst Fly Half in our history?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Nik wrote:I have to say Sammy that some of Burke's kicks to touch were outstanding, some made limited ground but the majority of them got us out of jail quick..... from what I saw he was getting stuck in left right and centre - his tackling was excellent - of course that's in IMHO and that of my hubby's and my son's and all of the guys we meet there, so not just a woman's view. :wink:

GOOD ONE RIZZO.
Implying that Im sexist? Not at all Nik. I value your opinion as much as any guy.

His kicking wasn't bad at all, I know the man can kick and kick well. He did that emphatically. His defence wasn't great though, not sure when you saw him getting stuck in but I must have missed that.

Still, I didn't say he was bad, just painfully boring to watch. At least Humph gave us some exciting moments and looked like he could create tries from anywhere. Burkey lacks flair. Awesome he certainly isn't. Solid and dependable he definately is.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

I think several have got a little too carried away with this one. Burke played OK. Nothing more. No big errors and he kicked his goals. Found touch but kicked conservatively - no distance. Also his running was not very inspiring. That said, he has, and never will be, an exciting FH. He's just a solid player who can, normally, be depended on.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

This is all most irrelevant - Ramiro Pez is comfortably the worst fly-half we have ever had! Not just because he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights but also because he cost us so much in terms of wages (not that that is his fault!)

Seems to be playing well these days though.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

no seriously sammy i was joking and not calling you sexist.

Hey Postiger, you can't say that about Pez now :lol:
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061