Player Availability Update Not Updated!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Player Availability Update Not Updated!!

Post by simon redshaw »

As good as the Update is, its not so good when it isn't updated!!

The weekly bulletin was not updated yesterday! Or is it only updated for GP matches!! :roll: :roll: Wouldn't it be useful if it was updated for all matches!!

Also, would it be possible for it to come out a bit earlier in the week as we seem to know most of the injury situation before they even announce it!!
:wink:

In any case, I would have thought the whole purpose of the bulletin is to give supportes a weekly insight into the current injury situation and fitness progress of those players affected.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The update has not been updated (if you see what I mean) because there are quite a number of our players who have been away with England training camp (or other training camps, sevens training etc) and they only returned on Friday afternoon. Therefore the current injury position was not fully known until then and the club communications can't post it if they're not told what it is :)

I take your point about the injury updates being made earlier - but often the fitness coaches and Pat & co have to give certain players the most possible time to recover (hopefully) and be able to play. Wouldn't it be equally irritating to have a "player injury update" posted saying so-and-so is able to play and by the day of the match have that player relapse and withdraw? I'm sure people would complain about that too :)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I suppose the compromise would be to have a 'player questionable' category, i.e. might play ... but night not (fitness test etc.).

The only problem with this is that half the squad would be included :wink:
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I understand your point about the England training camp but Tigers posted their team for Saturday before Friday afternoon so wouldn't they have known which players from the England training camp they couldn't play?
Seems to me anyway that there should be better communication anyway between the England set-up and the clubs so that they know who has an injury or not.

Also, it was known that Harry Ellis had an injury and also stated on one of the other sites that Andy Goode had an injury, yet nothing about that. Many people know already that many of the Elite squad are carrying injuries so there is no secret there.

I take your point about the full outcome of injuries not always being known and better to wait until the last minute. I hadn't appreciated that!

Just an aside, do you moderators take on an extra course about the everyday workings of the club before you become mods as you always seem to know more about the day-today running of the club then most?!! :wink: :wink:

Jan, you're right, Tigers fans are generally very demanding, complain a lot and are often very miserable!! :wink: :wink:
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

No, we don't a training course :) (although I have experience of moderating other boards on other subjects). We can however contact the Club if we have to clarify something before posting information, and we are given fairly comprehensive guidelines too. The rest is just common sense.

BTW I don't think Tigers fans complain any more than any other clubs - from what I've read on other official forums we're the same as everybody else - many of them are far worse ;) (And the Pollyanna-ish rose-tinted views are generally my own.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

No offence meant to you on the training course question. It was just an assumption I had formulated based on my impression on the workings of the forum. If that makes any sense!! BTW, I have my own views on certain aspects of the forum which I won't go into at this stage as I don't want to upset anyone.

I mean such comments as the Tigers complaining more in good jest really. My humour is not always one that people understand but I often say what comes into my head!! :wink:

Jan, I understand that you see things more positively then a lot and that's fine as long as others views are understood too. You have your own views but shall we say it that Iain is often in agreement with you!! :wink: :wink: