Changes for saturday ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Changes for saturday ?

Post by mike »

After finally watching the Video of the quins game I was pleasantly surprised given the comments on here - it was pretty grim but at least we won ! . A few changes are due though -
1. Keep props the same but give Buckland a go at Hooker ( he needs a run out )
2.Deacon & Kay at Lock . I thought Cullen was poor on sat and Deacon is not quick enough at 6 .
3.Back row of Moody ( played well on sat ) Crane & Jennings .
4. Ellis needs another game .
5.Humphries at Fly Half -We have to go for it - he is our only hope in this position now .
6.Gibson and Smith at centre .
7.Geordan and Alex on the wing.
8.Johny Murphy at Full back - give him a go in his proper position
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Changes for saturday ?

Post by Chobbsy »

mike wrote:After finally watching the Video of the quins game I was pleasantly surprised given the comments on here - it was pretty grim but at least we won ! . A few changes are due though -
1. Keep props the same but give Buckland a go at Hooker ( he needs a run out )
2.Deacon & Kay at Lock . I thought Cullen was poor on sat and Deacon is not quick enough at 6 .
3.Back row of Moody ( played well on sat ) Crane & Jennings .
4. Ellis needs another game .
5.Humphries at Fly Half -We have to go for it - he is our only hope in this position now .
6.Gibson and Smith at centre .
7.Geordan and Alex on the wing.
8.Johny Murphy at Full back - give him a go in his proper position
I agree with most of that but sorry, I would have Alex Moreno when fit with Julian and there is no way I would leave Martin Corry out at the moment the way he is playing.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

I think Corry picked upa knock last Saturday so it maybe the ideal time torest him.

Agree with the selection btw!
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

I agree that the front row picks itself and the team should include John Murphy as he made an impression at 14 against Quins. Moody looking as sharp as ever and Gibson at centre if fit. Bring it on.

TIGERS ROAR - NUFF SAID

8) :lol: :wink: :P
Philip J Gray
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

The Countess of Welford wrote:I think Corry picked upa knock last Saturday so it maybe the ideal time torest him.

Agree with the selection btw!
OK sorry I didn't realise he had picked up a knock, in that case I would be more than happy to see Crane play.

As I said on another thread yesterday, I would be interested to see Moody and Jennings play together as left and right, it would really put the opposition 10 under pressure,
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

You cant have Ayerza in the front row along with Gibbo at 12 its an either or situation due to the international agreement.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Gibbo is injured?

Do we really want so many changes in one go?
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

you feeling ok mike??? you are normaly havin a go at ellis and yet u havent are you ill?
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Agree Deacon should be at lock, Gibson and Smith in centre, and front row picks itself.

But, if Ellis isn't up to match fitness, play him in the Dev team, not in the 1st XV where he'll make mistakes cos he's not ready for it yet. Besides, Bemand is by far the better 9 at the moment.

G Murphy has to play full back - he's one of th ebest 15s in the world, why play him on the wing?!

Humphries should definitely get a start at 10 (Burke was not a wise signing and Goode has been playing on borrowed time for too long).

Jennings-Moody combination - it was tried a couple of times last season, notably in the Prem final. IMO it doesn't work. It makes th ebackrow too lightweight and they didn't really put Hodgson under pressure in the final. I'd go for one or the other with Corry (Crane if he's injured) and B Deacon.
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

Agreed. This is the chance to see what the younger players / players coming back from injury can do. I'd go for:

15. J Murphy
14. A Tuilagi
13. Smith
12. Gibson
11. Lloyd
10. Humphries
9. Bemand / Ellis
1. Moreno / Holford
2. Buckland
3. Castro
4. Hamilton
5. L Deacon (play him in the right position!!)
6. B Deacon
7. Jennings / Moody (half game each)
8. Crane.
Ed
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Moreno and Gibson are both injured, although Gibson may be fit for this weekend I doubt Alex Moreno is likely to be fit to play.

http://www.tigers.co.uk/29_6030.php

according to other reports, Goodey has been in treatment for a knee problem and Cozza took a knock last weekend too.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

I would definately like to see Gibson and Smith play together, see if they can rekindle that fantastic partnership they had 2 seasons ago - Smith looked a lot sharper than he has for a along time in that 30 minutes against Quins. However, I thought Hipkiss was impressive as well, so may be a little harsh to leave him out...perhaps try him on the wing?

Also think that Chuter has been phenomenal this year, but in Buckland we have a potential great. We need to give him a start or else he'll start getting frustrated.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

iceman.....good coments but Hipkiss on the wing...come on please !!......lets play some more players out of position shall we...it doesn't work....alternatively, lets try Vesty at hooker and play Julian White alongside Ollie Smith !! :? :shock: :x
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Depending on fitness....

15 Murphy
14 Murphy
13 Smith
12 Gibson
11 Varndell
10 Goode
9 Ellis
8 Corry
7 Jennings
6 Moody
5 Kay
4 Hamilton
3 White
2 Chuter
1 Castro

....best team give or take a few positions.
Chris Lunson
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Chris Lunson »

I think we definetly strugled against quins!

I would bring in Crane and Humphreys because we definitly need to blood a few youngster seeing as it is a cup game.

Maybe even try that new guy from the acdemy Matt Jones?