Goode

Post by bigstef »

Why isn't he playing today?
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

No Idea Stef!!

He wasn't that bad last week. In fact he was a lot better then Paul Burke!!

Maybe Pat feels he has to give him a run out this week, but I would have had Andy on the bench if that was the case.

I am afraid Pat is making a number of strange selection decisions at the moment. Of which this and leaving Gibbo out of the squad last week was another. I don't believe he was injured last week, I think that was in training. That decision cost us the game last week. Lets hope this one doesn't do likewise.
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

It might not be a bad thing playing Burke today. As he will know how his old side (before munster) plays a bit better than Goode will.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Goodey all the way, Burke's rubbish.

I really really hope he makes me look like a complete fool later on though!
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

simon redshaw wrote:No Idea Stef!!

He wasn't that bad last week. In fact he was a lot better then Paul Burke!!

Maybe Pat feels he has to give him a run out this week, but I would have had Andy on the bench if that was the case.

I am afraid Pat is making a number of strange selection decisions at the moment. Of which this and leaving Gibbo out of the squad last week was another. I don't believe he was injured last week, I think that was in training. That decision cost us the game last week. Lets hope this one doesn't do likewise.
gibbo was left out becaue of the amount of foreigners in the team... he couldn't play the argie prop and a kiwi at te same time some agreement can't remember which
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Gibbo is injured - see player news

http://www.tigers.co.uk/29_6030.php
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

Howard did exactly the same last year. He rotates the squad so that when it comes to the play-offs we have everyone avaliable for them.
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

Quote in the Guardian today:

"Goodey wasn't picked ... on form," said Leicester's forwards coach Richard C o c k erill.

:!:
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Isn't that a slap in the face for Andy Goode? He hadn't been that bad in the first four games and he certainly played better against Gloucester then Paul Burke did in the last ten minutes, and Burke did against Quins.

Sorry Cockers, you are wrong on that and it is shabby treatment of Andy if that was the only reason. Also, If Andy wasn't to play, we should have had Ian Humphries on the bench as I think G said?
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

If Andy Goode was dropped because he's on bad form then I think the other 14 players need to be dropped as well because no of them are on form either.

There you go problem sorted drop every 1st team player and play the A team. At least they may show some passion and motivation than their 1st team counterparts are showing at this particular time.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Andy Goode has surely been dropped because of his continual poor form

His kicking is inconsistant, his passing is slow, laboured and generally behind the targeted player - he rarely makes a break and when he does he has no pace to make anything of it and lacks the vision to offload in the tackle.

unfortunately as many of us warned for too long we have not found any adequate replacement - unless Humphries has radically improved on last year. (I have not seen any development games this year - and people seem to say he is playing well - we can but hope!)

The only hope we have is that Gibbo stays fit and relieves some of the pressure but I think it will be very dfficult to win any major games especially away from Welford road with Goode at 10 - because he puts too many of his colleagues under pressure.

I may be tempted to try Vesty at 10 as we seem to have other good options at fullback in 2 of the 3 Murphys and Smith
Sparkie

Post by Sparkie »

:D May be we can tempt part time Healey to play a couple of games at No10 always his preferred position.He may not be as fast as in the days of yor but he is certainly not as predictable as Goode.
The older I get the better I use to play.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Rizzo wrote:Gibbo is injured - see player news

yes he got injured in training but i was answering stefs message about why he didn't play in the glaws game... it was something to do with international thunderbirds agreement or something..., :lol:
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

kevf wrote:
Rizzo wrote:Gibbo is injured - see player news

yes he got injured in training but i was answering stefs message about why he didn't play in the glaws game... it was something to do with international thunderbirds agreement or something..., :lol:
That's it! It's a dastardly plot by The Hood!!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I wonder if Goode made a mistake re-signing for us. WR is a hot-house, the most high profile club in England. Expectations are far too high for the guy, when he doesn't reach the heights demanded of him he gets a right kicking. Bottom line is ... he is a solid club FH being asked to be international class (which he isn't).

And now he is dropped in favour of a, to be fair, journeyman.

I think Goode's game might flourish away from here, where there is much less pressure.