The Whorst Fly Half in our history?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ukin

Post by Ukin »

Whilst I can only listen to the matches, I do listen to every single one over here in the USA.

Today was the day to bring back those injured players and give them a run out after a long lay off. Let's be honest...our seconds should be able to have beaten the Quins on their present form.

What IS letting us down is DISCIPLINE! We must stop giving away kickable penalties.
A Melton lad, living in Spain.
Lufbratiger

Post by Lufbratiger »

Yes totally agree Stef! some very deluded people on here tonight!!
He was critisized last week although he only hasd 10 mins- fair
enough. He played the full 80 today against a poor team no excuses!
So he had an injury? so did olly Smith, and he was fantastic first game back!

Kicking was awful!! out of hand rubbish! at goal rubbish! Rather play vesty
there, Humphries now is your time :D at least till goodey comes back!

Please don't call everyone on here who critisizes failed players! you completely
miss the point they do this because they care about the club and don't want to see it fall in to mediocrity! I care about the club more than England and want us to be the best- nuff said!
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

nuff said Lubra :roll: , Olly has not been injured, been on a 3 month holiday, to get over lots of unhappy times in his life, and good on him for coming back as our Olly. Please get things right if you want to make your statements on here. Sorry a little remis of me very minor but at least when I speak I get it right - and oh so sorry for criticising you.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

maybe it is time to let Humphries try again, he's been successful in the B Team but everytime he stepped on the pitch for the 1st team last season he couldn't step up to the mark.

I have to say though I think Burke should be given a chance, I've seen Goode play far worse ..........
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Whorst? What kind of word is that?
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

To all those slagging of Paul Burke...

RAMIRO PEZ
bigstef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bigstef »

I'd love love apply for the England job but they won't lets italians anywhere near the rfu headquarters, but seriously my problem was that that was a bonus point game, we could have come away with alot of points under our belts and this guy just cannot cut the mustard so to speak, it's not like any of you can say, oh give him time to develop and learn, he's 33! Yes Goode needs time to rest, so put Humphries in!
curepulp1
Tiger Cub

Re: The Whorst Fly Half in our history?

Post by curepulp1 »

Lozza wrote:
bigstef wrote:Seriously Burke, his tackling is dire, he definately cannot kick, his passing isn't bad but his decision making is poor and with ball in hand he is just a lamb to the slaughter, why Pat why?
With this level of criticism Bigstef you are evidently :-

1. A failed player
2. A bitter and twisted fan from another club
3. A complete professional expert on all things rugby related

In which case you should :-

1. Appreciate the fact that you ever had the chance to play in the first place
2. Go back to your own club
3. Apply for OBNCs job

Either way, it would be nice if you actually appreciated the fact that our TEAM actually won, and EVERY player was instrumental in that this afternoon. One player does not constitute a team, and I think your disparaging remarks about Paul Burke are uncalled for!

Rant over.................................just felt it necessary to voice my opinion! :wink:

I am not a failed politician but when the government does something i percieve as inept i am entitled to criticise because i am a tax paying citizen of this country, much as i am a fee paying season ticket holder of this club.

The whole reason that these players can make a career of being a rugby player is because there are people out there willing to pay good money to watch them play. As paying customers i think that entitles them to criticise as much as they like. I dont see Tesco saying "Yeah, our products are rubbish right now, but you need to keep the faith... we'll get it right eventually". I fail to see why, when the team or a player play badly, anyone on here should be barracked for pointing out the fact. The whole reason for the message board existing is to promote discussion. Not just so that we can all post messages saying "I love the Tigers", "No, i love them more". If that makes me "not a true fan" then fine... i am not a true fan.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

bigstef wrote:I'd love love apply for the England job but they won't lets italians anywhere near the rfu headquarters, but seriously my problem was that that was a bonus point game, we could have come away with alot of points under our belts and this guy just cannot cut the mustard so to speak, it's not like any of you can say, oh give him time to develop and learn, he's 33! Yes Goode needs time to rest, so put Humphries in!
Goode has lost us far more points in a match then Burke did yesterday, cup final matches come to mind also!

unohoo I totally agree and said the same myself a couple of weeks ago, be prepared for the backlash because i had it, but i'll support you to the hilt. :wink:

I still don't think Humphries is up to the mark - give Burke a chance he's an awesome player.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Nik, usually agree with you, but I can't on Paul Burke, I'm afraid.

Paul Burke is far from an awesome player. Seeing him yesterday, not what we need.
Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but not confident on that. Both Andy Goode and Ian Humphries are better then Paul Burke. If he was an awesome player, he would have been challenging Ronan O'Gara regularly for the Number 10 position at Munster. Don't think he did!!

Tigers bought second rate - should have spent the money on a good back-up to Andy Goode. Give me Andy over Paul Burke, please!!

Maybe I am just on a big downer about Tigers, so I am more miserable at the moment then I usually am but I just can't agree on Paul Burke.
Capricorn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Capricorn »

Paul Burke was rubbish. He is at the end of his career, and shows it!Wonder why he has changed clubs so many times?Tiger's have had many chances to sign class fly-halves,but top names never seem to want to join us.
Ramiro Pez-- the last few games I saw him play he had improved enormously! I believe that he joined Bath ,then Perpignan,after leaving Tigers and has a lot more experience now.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Maybe last season Humphries wasn't ready, but he had his chances and probably it was a bit to soon for him.

He has had pre-season to learn a bit more and his performances so far for the A team has been exceptional. Now I'm not criticising Burke in anyway, but I don't think Humphries will be any worse than Goode or Burke.

Yesterday was a good time to have put Humphries on the bench considering the opposition Tigers were up against then he could have had about 25 mins to show what he could do. As it happens PH chose not to have a back up kicker on the bench ( which I think was a mind boggling decision) and only he knows why.

Humphries wasn't ready to step up last season but how do we know that he isn't ready now. I think a run out yesterday would have shown what he was or was not capable of.

If Goode goes off with England then hopefully Humphries will get his chance and I for one think he may just surprise a lot of people.
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

My word! The girl expressed a negative opinion! Last time I checked we don't do the team talks. Heaven knows why Karen's so bitter. Oh, wait...

Burke was garbage yesterday. He's a poor player, Humphries might not be ready yet but the only way he'll improve is first 15 rugby. Lets give him that chance.
*Rachel*

Post by *Rachel* »

For god sake every1 is intitled to thier own opinon i personally think that Paul Burke isnt up to standard and he needs to buck his ideas up if he wants a place in the team! at the end of the day they are professional sportsmen and im sure they can deal with a bit of critisim if anything it helps a player to learn, i for one would want to know if i had a :censored: game so i could right my wrongs theres no point wrapping them up incotton wool and saying that everything is fine its just an off game ! you cant afford to have off games in professional sport because theres always someone else who's more than willing to take that shirt off you're back! its not just Burke who needs a good telling off the team yesterday looked tired and sluggish after the first 10-15mins! what really annoys me is that the team work hard and manage to build up a lead but were are own worst enemy by giving away stupid penalties and letting teams back into the game! we should of had the harlequins game wrapped up in the first half! but we are starting to get into the habit of letting teams back into the game! just like Gloucester.

There rant over feel free to attack me back it usually happens when an opinon has been expressed that people dont agree with
GOODEY, GOODEY, GOODEY
xXxXx TIGERS xXxXx
BYE BYE AUSTIN! (WHAT A LEGEND!)
bigstef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bigstef »

Look can we get two things straight, i am a B L O K E, im 16 and am far from a failed player as i have played at county level in the past and continue to play now, i am entitled to an opinion and my opinion is that Paul Burke is exactly what our struggling (but extremely talented) back line does not need at the moment

oh and by the way Nik i meant use Humphries as Goodey's back up, he's had me pulling my hair out the last two seasons when he fail s to produce the goods in those big games but he's gone away this summer and he looks much sharper and fitter and personally feel that he on his day is up there with some of the best fly halves in the league