Julian

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bigstef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Julian

Post by bigstef »

Is anyone else sick of his infringements costing us the game!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

nope.

Julian makes mistakes, does daft things. so do others. He's in the top class in his position and makes a real difference in our scrummaging. Plus he's scary.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

Me neither, he plays very close to the edge but is an outstanding scrummager. He might give away the odd silly penalty but he can also be a match winner eg Sale a couple of weeks ago.

Also agree that he probably scares the **** out of opposition props!!
Anthony
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Anthony »

Would much rather have him on our team as opposed to being against us. JW is agreat front row player
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Agreed. At one stage last season I remember saying that all Jules does is concede penalties. You can't start him and Lewis.

Still a great scrummager, as always a rubbish player in the loose. He gives away far too many penalties either way.
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

One of the worlds best scrummagers - if not the best.
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I think White and Moody are the ones who give away the most penalties IMO.

Interesting to see when Jules was on the bench v Sale we hardly gave penalties away. He plays against Bath and Tigers give loads of needless penalties away. Coincidence or what?
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

the best, he comes from down yer so ee's a local!! Plymouth Paul and Cornish Tiger will understand. :lol: :lol:
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

stop talking **** he's a world class tighthead, strong and as already mentioned incredably scary! he plays on the edge and is very effective. Him and Moody on well known for tredding a very tight rope but they both started in the lions test team which just shows how good they are.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

How good they are at what? Giving penalties away?
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

g wrote:I think White and Moody are the ones who give away the most penalties IMO.

Interesting to see when Jules was on the bench v Sale we hardly gave penalties away. He plays against Bath and Tigers give loads of needless penalties away. Coincidence or what?
in the first half agianst sale we gave away loads of penalties thats why the score was 16 12 at half time.... the only penalties scored in the second half were by andy goode... sale on the other hand didn't give away any scoreable penalties in the first half but did under pressure in the second half....
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Apparently in the Sale game Tigers gave away 6 pens in the whole game ( so says the report in the smerc). Against Bath they gave 9 kickable pens away and how many more that weren't kickable.

Far to many for my liking if you are aiming to win a game.
GeddingtonTiger

Post by GeddingtonTiger »

Thats what you come to expect from a Tigers away game. Its want happened so many times last season and thats why i hate watching Tigers away game.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

g wrote:Apparently in the Sale game Tigers gave away 6 pens in the whole game ( so says the report in the smerc). Against Bath they gave 9 kickable pens away and how many more that weren't kickable.

Far to many for my liking if you are aiming to win a game.
totally agree but i don't think its anyone in particualr some do give away more than others..... mr hipkiss is a regualr offender the team as a whole needs to stop givinbg away silly penalties especially in kickable positions unless its the only possible thing to do to stop a try..... silly penaliteis need to stop.... by all the team....
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I think the All Blacks thought his scrummaging was over rated, when they faced him on the Lions tour.

Not a fan, to be honest. On occasion he does murder the opposing loose head, but I don't think he is consistently good. Brings little to the party elsewhere, and I agree with those who question his discipline.

But I wouldn't tell him to his face :wink: