Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Not at Welford Road.

Car Parks not available.

Sorry I aint driving 100 miles + to scrabble for somewhere to park the Jeep.
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

I was in the crumbie. :wink:
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

I expect the threat of thunderstorms didn't help to encourage a big walk-up crowd.

Fair-weather fans and all that...
Hans Hullabaloo

Post by Hans Hullabaloo »

All the people saying that can't get tickets,there was your chance.
"Everything You Know is Wrong"
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

I was in the pub and then around at friends for a great meal! I had absolutely no intention of shelling out £15 + for a friendly!

I have, relutantley, renewed my season ticket + 1 for my son, but after last seasons Twickenham debacle which cost me £150 + for the family day out, Tigers are going to have to earn the right for me to spend exrra cash on them.

Iam sure that this will be viewed as traitorous by Tigers supporters but I feel that Tigers are beginning to take take their supporters for granted ( I have been a member for 15 yeras +). £15 for tonights ticket, whether you are a season ticket or not, is evidence of that!

I think Tigers players and management have to buck up theur ideas this season or else or the 'crowing' of record profits will be a dim and distant memory!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

There is a queue to buy your two season tickets bc!!!!
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Why are Tigers advertising tickets for the game against the champions if season tickets are so in demand?

The point I am trying to make is that Tigers have to earn my hard earned money and cannot assume that we will just cough up. Last season, especially the debacle of a final at Twickers, really stick in the throat. Tigers need to buck up this season or they will have problems.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Of course Tigers should earn the money you work so hard to get.

But, alas, there are many with money to relace you at this time. Which is why we need a bigger stadium ......... Similarly with the price of Guinness and etc. It is so darned difficult to get a drink at Tigers i no longer try. I go to the pub. All lost revenue to Tigers. But it is simply that they cannot pour the drinks fast enough, £2.95 ...£3.95 .... not until there is adequate supply will it end!!!
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

I had my rant at the time, but if the Club chooses to play a game on the worst night of the week for many people, me included, then they get the crowd they deserve. On the one hand it was a friendly, which would not grab a lot of attention, but on the other hand, the Friday night crowd was not swelled by people who thought they had bought a ticket for Saturday, either, so maybe a truer reflection of what a lot of people really do think about the hassle of Friday night games.
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

Bill, you say there is a queue to but bc's 2 season tickets, then why are tigers still advertising season tickets as available now even on this mornings home page? :?
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Bill W wrote:There is a queue to buy your two season tickets bc!!!!
Mmmmm, wonder why they are being advertised as "Season tickets for sale" on the home page when there is such a Q. False information from Tigers or just incompetence? Or maybe there are season tickets for sale, even now, days before the season starts, and the Q, er kinda went. What is the real story? We need to know!!

Edit - Sorry Tigerman, you must have been writing yours as I was writing mine - sorry. Great minds though.
Limey1966

Post by Limey1966 »

I would imagine the waiting list is for people that want 2 seats together, singles are always easy to fill apparently.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Reasons for not attending could be.

Weather

Holidays

Friendly match

FRIDAY NIGHT GAME

Cost. Tigers could have offered tickets for this game at a much lower price than £15 if they had then I'm sure they would have had more people in the ground. I certainly wouldn't have forked out that much for a friendly match. Saying that though I am surprised at the attendance tonight I actually thought it would be better attended than it was. Where were all you die hards then?
johns
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by johns »

Lat Tuesday I paid £8 to watch Toulon at Coventry, last night I paid £10 to watch Tigers play Toulon. The extra £2 was well worth it.

Of Coventry they now have a very nice ground much better than Coundon Road which was a dump of a place. Will Johnson is their skipper, also Ben Toft and Stuart Friswell started all ex Tigers and Nimmo is on loan and came on from the bench and Coventry lost.

Wills wife was buying his dad pints of beer, now that is what I call a gem of a daughter in law.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Well, there was atmosphere in the Terrace - we had a great night - lots of yelling and shouting (Yes, I got glared at by an elderly chap nearby but do I care? LOL)
Good banter, nice to see Spreaders getting some gentle stick, and I didn't mind paying £12 for each of us . Sad that so few managed to attend - more so for the China game because it seemed really empty then - but I guess 6.30 kickoff is even worse for some.
I reckon its holiday and weather that reduced numbers.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother